Thread: Who Are Your Top 10 Favorites On Current Roster?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who Are Your Top 10 Favorites On Current Roster?

1. Conner
    2. Juju
    3. Foster
    4. Heyward
    5. Haden
    6. Ben
    7. TJ
    8. Tuitt
    9. Hargrave
    10. Pouncey

That was kinda hard. I left off a lot of guys I really like. I left off some young guys.

I also feel like I want a D stud to be my #1, but there's no Mean Joe, Blount, Troy P, or Jimmy Harrison on the roster. (at least as far as we know yet - perhaps this is the year TJ steps up and shows us he can outperform his older brother)

Legend

User Info Menu

Here are 10 legit candidates you left off your list:

I've been the biggest David DeCastro guy on the board since he fell into our laps unexpectedly at #24 overall back in 2012.

After that epic stiff arm TD last year, Vance McDonald has to make any Steeler fan's favorites list...gotta love it when offensive players are the ones dishing out the punishment (a la Hines Ward vs. Rivers or Juju vs. Burfict).

My favorite draft pick last year was Jaylen Samuels because he's an intriguing versatile piece that can do so many different things well...not just your traditional backup RB.

I know he hasn't done anything of consequence just yet, but you have to love what Devin Bush brings to the table. He appears to be well worth the trade-up at this point and should be the cornerstone of our defense for years to come.

And although he is not currently out on the field, Ryan Shazier is still technically on our roster, so you have to add this dude's inspirational journey to your list as well.

That's 5 so far. For my final 5 spots, you have to give props to guys who came into the league as UDFA and worked their way into prominent roles for this team.
    Alejandro Villanueva (a fan favorite for a lot of reasons)
    Mike Hilton
    Matt Feiler
    Rosie Nix
    Ola Adeniyi
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

And there's 10 more both of us left off our lists that could easily be added

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

JuJu, Conner, Ben, Pouncey, Villanueva, DeCastro, McDonald, Heyward, Watt, Bush (giving love to the potential of the new guy)

Legend

User Info Menu

In no particular order:
    AV (OK this is really my #1 for lots of reasons)
    Ben
    Conner
    Watt
    Heyward
    Tuitt
    Edmunds
    JuJu
    Bush
    McDonald

Although not technically on the roster for this drill...I'd put Shazier there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

10. Xavier (I Run Guys Over) Grimble
    9. Trey (My Dad's a Famous Athlete) Griffey
    8. Jordan (I Don't Get No Respect) Dangerfield
    7. Devlin (Everyone Always Loves the 4th String QB) Hodges
    6. Ian (If It Ain't Berry then I'm Your Man) Berryman
    5. Zach (You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry) Banner
    4. Kameron (Why Not?, I'm the Long Snapper) Canaday
    3. Kevin (I'm Not Really On the Team's) Rader
    2. Artie (Fool Me Twice) Burns
    1. Dan (Because I'm Big and I'm Dan) McCullers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

I actually do like some of the aforementioned players. Prolly not top 10, tho.
    Last edited by Buzz; 08-27-2019 at 03:30 PM.