Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay Away from Bush

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    allowing AB to stay in a hotel while the rest of the team stayed in the dorms was a big mistake by Tomlin imo...
    Absolutely no doubt about that.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

allowing AB to stay in a hotel while the rest of the team stayed in the dorms was a big mistake by Tomlin imo...
    I Agree x2

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

It certainly doesn't ring of "team"...

... the Steelers doing their best to placate, but in the end, like a bad marriage the divorce was inevitable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I sincerely hope the Steelers learned their lesson and get rid of malcontents as soon as their stripes are showing.
    I'm pretty sure that the Giants were watching this play out from the sidelines and that is why they made the move that they did with their "elite" WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Giants were watching this play out from the sidelines and that is why they made the move that they did with their "elite" WR.
    The Rooney family and the Mara family are both old school football families.

Very loyal, with emphasis on character and team-first attitudes.

Neither meshes well with diva players who consider themselves to be above the overall team structure.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that they both jettisoned very talented headaches this offseason.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Rooney family and the Mara family are both old school football families.

Very loyal, with emphasis on character and team-first attitudes.

Neither meshes well with diva players who consider themselves to be above the overall team structure.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that they both jettisoned very talented headaches this offseason.
    "Elite" diva receivers don't win you championships anyway.

Not worth the disruption.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He and AB cooked up a plan to break his contract; and we gave him a state of the art contract at the time and just because others came along and past AB in money, didnít justify their actions. That stunt shows that Rosenhaus feels he can do anything he wants at anytime because heís client gets passed up by another player at that position.
    I don't know that Rosenhaus was the catalyst behind the Brown fiasco. He probably helped architect his exit, but I personally believe that it was all Antonio's desires. If Rosenhaus was behind it then I doubt it would have included as much nonsense after the trade was finalized because he wouldn't want his new team seeing how big of an ass he still can be after he got his wish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers LB Devin Bush Ranked 5th Overall On Zierleinís 2019 DROY Candidate List

By Dave Bryan
    Posted on July 9, 2019

Based on all thatís transpired this past offseason, it shouldnít come as a shock if Pittsburgh Steelers rookie inside linebacker Devin Bush, the teamís first-round selection this year out of Michigan, winds up being a starter right out of the chute in the Week 1 road opener against the New England Patriots. In fact, it will likely be more of a shock if Bush isnít ultimately a Week 1 starter at this point. Assuming Bush is the teamís Week 1 starter, it certainly will help his chances of winning the annual Defensive Rookie of the Year Award and Lance Zierlein of NFL.com wrote about those chances Monday morning.

Zierlein posted his top eight candidates to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year award for the 2019 NFL season on Monday and he currently has Bush fifth-overall on that list. Here is what Zierlein wrote about Bush and his chances of winning the 2019 DROY award.

While Devin White might be my favorite linebacker among the candidates to win this award, itís hard to argue that Bush isnít in a great position to make an early impact in a variety of categories for the Steelers. In college, Bush didnít post the same type of tackle production as White, but the No. 10 overall pick is just as fast, and of the two, Bush has arguably better instincts. Darius Leonardís sack totals (seven) and ball production in coverage (eight passes defensed, two interceptions) helped push him over the top as the DROY last season, and Bush flashed the same talent in those areas while at Michigan.

Thatís a reasonable and well thought out statement by Zierlein Bushís DROY chances and itís hard to find much fault in any of it. While Bush is ranked fifth-overall on Zierleinís list, at least he is indeed the second-rated inside linebacker behind only Devin White of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

As Zierlein smartly pointed out on Monday, from 2004 to 2012, an inside linebacker won the DROY award six times. Additionally, inside linebacker Darius Leonard of the Indianapolis Colts won the award just last season. The last Steelers player to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year Award was Kendrell Bell in 2001-2002 after he registered 83 total tackles, 9 sacks and a forced fumble. Can Bush at least come close to equaling Bellís 2001 stat line in 2019? If he stays healthy and if he indeed winds up being a Week 1 starter, he certainly should be able to. Bush, however, might need to register at least 100 total tackles to give himself a better shot at winning the award. After all, last year Leonard registered 163 total tackles to go along with 7 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions.

Currently, MyBookie.ag has Bush listed at +700 odds to win the 2019 Rookie Defensive Player of the Year Award and those are the same odds that White currently has on the betting website. Fellow rookies Nick Bosa (+400) and Quinnen Williams (+500) are currently the top two favorites to win the award, according to My Bookie odds.

In somewhat related news, Zierlein did not list any Steelers in his top 10 candidates to take home the 2019 Offensive Rookie of the Year award. Thatís not a huge shock, however.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/steelers-lb-devin-bush-ranked-5th-overall-on-zierleins-2019-droy-candidate-list/

Legend

User Info Menu

Strike one, strike two, strike three

LATROBE, Pa. _ Welcome to the NFL, No. 1.

That, at least, is the message the Steelersí offense appeared to be sending to No. 1 pick Devin Bush this afternoon during ďSeven Shots,Ē the Steelersí practice-opening, short-yardage/two-point conversion drill.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, in particular.

Roethlisberger, by coincidence or design, went at the rookie inside linebacker three consecutive times, and the offense won the rep on all three occasions.

The first was a conversion/scoring pass to wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, after which Bush responded with an expletive.

The second was a completion to running back Jaylen Samuels in the end zone, after which someone on the defensive sideline hollered ďget there, 5-5.Ē

The third was a connection to 6-foot-4 tight end Vance McDonald that sailed right over Bush (5-11) on the way to McDonald, who finished with another conversion/score.

https://www.steelers.com/news/strike...o-strike-three