Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Stay Away from Bush

Legend

User Info Menu

Shazier: Bush will 'be a big-time player' for Steelers

By Jeremy Bergman
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: Aug. 21, 2019

When the Pittsburgh Steelers traded up to select Devin Bush with the 10th overall pick in the 2019 draft, the linebacker was thought to be the second coming of Ryan Shazier, the final piece of the puzzle that has been Pittsburgh's spotty defense.

"To me, I think Devin's going to have a great year," Shazier said on NFL Total Access on Wednesday on behalf of Dick's Sporting Goods. "He's been showing amazing progress every day while he's been in camp. You've seen the way he plays. He had 10 tackles in the first half (against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers). Sometimes it's hard for people to get 10 tackles in two games.

"I think he's going to make a lot of splash for us. He's going to be a big-time player for us. I don't want to put too many expectations on him but I know one of his goals is to win defensive MVP and I want to do whatever I can to help him out. I think he's not gonna be that far away from it. I think he's gonna have a great year."

Shazier, who's been sidelined in Pittsburgh since suffering a serious spinal injury and undergoing spinal stabilization surgery, has been around Bush and the Steelers throughout the summer. On occasion, Shazier says, Bush and he have had one-on-one sessions to discuss his role as Pittsburgh's star inside linebacker.

"A lot of times he might ask me some questions when things might go on in meetings. Sometimes we might watch film together," Shazier added. "I had some great leaders when I played and I'm just truly thankful for the player I am because of the insight they gave me. So sometimes I give him some insight. I don't know if he's listening to it or not, but I just kinda try to give him the insight I wish someone would've gave me."

As for the LB who will unfortunately not take the field this season, Shazier says he continues to progress in his recovery from the spinal injury suffered during the 2017 season.

"I'm just constantly working my butt off," Shazier said. "I'm getting a lot better. God's blessing me. I'm working my butt off. I'm just doing my part. Faith without works is dead, so I'm just trying to do my part and just keep working hard. I can't complain right now.

"Some days are tougher than other, but I'm just constantly pushing and just constantly trying to have a positive attitude. I'm just working. Some days you see more gains than others but it's still ca a challenge to every day just to keep going, so I'm just really excited every time I make progress. And when I do, I like to show the world the progress I'm making."

When he's not lifting weights or filming box jumps, Shazier is giving back to the community. His most recent initiative saw him work alongside Dick's Sporting Goods on Wednesday.

Shazier surprised a group of youth athletes with a back-to-school shopping spree at a local Dick's for the company's private apparel line DSG, an active wear line that includes back-to-school things like lunch boxes, backpacks and shoes. One percent of all sales of DSG are donated to The Dick's Sporting Goods Foundation Sports Matter program to help support youth sports organizations in need around the country.

"I think it was just a great time to come out here with the kids, get them prepared for school and get them prepared for sports," Shazier said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Legend

User Info Menu

2019 NFL rookie updates: How all 254 draft picks have looked so far

6:50 AM ET

NFL Nation
    ESPN

Which rookies from the 2019 NFL draft have impressed in training camp so far? Who are the middle-round picks who could make an impact? Which seventh-rounders will find their way onto rosters?

NFL Nation assesses the performances of the entire 2019 class.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...cks-looked-far (you need to subscribe to ESPN+ to view picks 15-254).

10. Devin Bush, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers

Bush looks and plays like a top pick should. He made plays throughout training camp and improved his ability to shed blocks. He was brilliant in his preseason debut with 10 tackles, a fourth-down stop in the backfield and a pass deflection. -- Jeremy Fowler
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

only 1 tackle against the Titans.

might be time to cut Bush...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

During the time he played he had few opportunities to tackle anyone. Which is good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Explain again why Bush struggled to make even ordinary plays this season?

This is how an ILB should play the game..... not every play is an easy gap;

Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert claims Steelers haven't yet made decision on Bush's 5th year option:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/ke...layer-in-2022/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Colbert claims Steelers haven't yet made decision on Bush's 5th year option:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/ke...layer-in-2022/
    Hoping Bush improves under Flores. It’s do or die time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hearing both sides are open to Tuitt's return. Thatll be huge for linebacker production

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Reportedly Bush was abused by Roethlisberger at practice yesterday. Good lesson it won't be that easy in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I thought that happened a number of years ago in Georgia.
    this is STILL pretty dang funny!!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Hoping Bush improves under Flores. It’s do or die time.
    I'm wondering if Flores was brought in to specifically work with Bush. He has had a lot of roles in his career as an assistant including offense, special teams, safeties, and linebackers. The Steelers gave him a title that included linebackers, and the focused needs at linebacker mostly revolve around bringing Bush back from injury and improving on his rookie campaign - a big job but one that could be very valuable if successful.