Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll Question for Everyone

Legend

User Info Menu

Poll Question for Everyone

Northern_Blitz told me in another thread that Coaching isn't as important as the players. When I told him he was wrong, I sited how Sean Mcvay took the exact same players as Jeff Fisher had and made them a 12 game winner, he said that was just "Luck".

In your opinion, Is coaching just as important, less important or more important than the players?? You can just give your answer; you don't have to be detailed if you choose not to.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Just as.

BB wins championships with less talented players
    Tomlin couldn't win with the best roster in the league

Most teams need a combination, but a great coach couldn't win with a terrible roster, and a great roster likely won't win with an awful coach

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Coach by far....

Every player who makes it into the NFL can ball IMHO, but they have to be in the right situation. (schemes, motivation,corrected, taught, and discipline, etc...) You can have all the talent in world, but if the team doesn't play as a team they are a mess...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Northern_Blitz told me in another thread that Coaching isn't as important as the players. When I told him he was wrong, I sited how Sean Mcvay took the exact same players as Jeff Fisher had and made them a 12 game winner, he said that was just "Luck".

In your opinion, Is coaching just as important, less important or more important than the players?? You can just give your answer; you don't have to be detailed if you choose not to.
    That's funny because you tell us in every thread how bad of a coach Tomlin is but he has never had a losing season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why not create an actual poll with a thread subject that says, “What’s more important: Coach or Player or equal?”

no big deal but these threads with non-descriptive titles are odd/funny

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Why not create an actual poll with a thread subject that says, “What’s more important: Coach or Player or equal?”

no big deal but these threads with non-descriptive titles are odd/funny
    Sorry Eich, I couldn't find the actual poll creation so I went with the next best thing.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

At this level i'd say coaching.
    To be fair though you need to have a good coaching staff all around.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maniac.

For the record, what I said was that we won't know if McVay's success was luck or skill until he has more of a track record. Clearly both are important. But when your DBs are in the right place and drop the ball, that's execution. Same as when your kicker misses

1. Why did Cowher miss the playoffs the year after winning the SB?

2. Also why didn't he win (or even make) the SB the 4 times he was the 1 seed?

3. Also if coaching is more important than talent why do you argue that comparing Tomlin to Cowher isn't reasonable because Tomlin has had a more talented QB for his whole career?

4. And why does it matter that Tomlin won with Cowher's players?

5. Finally, can you explain the difference between BB on the Browns and the Pat's?
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 03-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

Players BY A LARGE MARGIN.

How many SBs did the great Chuck Noll win without EVERY LAST ONE OF NINE hall of fame players entering the AFC championship?

Even during the dynasty, we failed if even ONE of those players was injured.

People bring up BB.
    Belichick is a notable exception.....not the rule which is why he is GOAT without question.

The Patriots are the only dynasty ever that wasn't driven primary by player talent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe another good question is how do you determine who is a good coach?