Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greedy Williams

Legend

User Info Menu

Greedy Williams

I've been watching a lot of tape lately on this kid.
    Looks very impressive.
    I really dont want us grabbing a CB in the first due to our track record, but can this kid be the real deal?
    Pros?
    Cons?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Iíve heard just the opposite about him. But Iím gun shy about drafting any CB in the first round regardless. And this isnít a strong CB class anyway. Colbert is as bad at drafting CBís as heís as good at drafting Wrís.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I've been watching a lot of tape lately on this kid.
    Looks very impressive.
    I really dont want us grabbing a CB in the first due to our track record, but can this kid be the real deal?
    Pros?
    Cons?
    Pros: Can play man or zone..STICKS to receivers...Fast

Cons: Not a willing tackler...Very unwilling

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Iíve heard just the opposite about him. But Iím gun shy about drafting any CB in the first round regardless. And this isnít a strong CB class anyway. Colbert is as bad at drafting CBís as heís as good at drafting Wrís.
    Aren't most CBs basically WRs who can't catch? Maybe give Limas Sweed a call.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

IMO..I really think the draft strategy on CB will be dictated by FA. I think the Steelers will invest heavy at a CB opposite Haden & I think they land one. They can't miss or wait for growing pains.

If they sign a CB...#20 will be ILB with even a trade-up if they feel White is worth it or Bush may be gone. If White or Bush gone I believe the signing of a FA CB allows them to go BPA which could be OLB, TE, WR or CB. However..If Williams or Murphy are gone..I think OLB, TE, WR will be graded higher.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-11-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Aren't most CBs basically WRs who can't catch? Maybe give Limas Sweed a call.
    His eyes will be too occupied on the jumbotron.
    2019 Steelers draft results
    -------------------------------------------
    Round 1- Devin Bush, ILB; Michigan
    Round 3a- Diontae Johnson, WR; Toledo
    Round 3b- Justin Layne, CB; Michigan State
    Round 4- Benny Snell Jr., RB; Kentucky
    Round 5- Zach Gentry, TE; Michigan
    Round 6a- Sutton Smith, OLB; Northern Illnois
    Round 6b- Isaiah Buggs, DT; Alabama
    Round 6c- Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB; Akron
    Round 7- Derwin Gray, OG; Maryland

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well I saw last two years Bama games. He has a lot to work with and he needs some work.
    In the bama games he got burned by Ruggs n Jeudy repeatedly on slants. His ability to transition from back peddle or from off man is not great in fact it's not good. Doesn't mean he can't flip better he may be to high but he needs work there. Combine also showed he needed work there.
    He does not provide much in the run game. He gets ridden out by wr's to easy. Just may need to add weight n strength. He will in a year or 2 at next level.
    He is excellent on verticals where he gets his head around and has good enough hands to make some turnovers happen. Straight line speed is excellent.
    So is he a finished product? No
    He is young ,tall and fast so there is a lot to work with.
    I'm not sure how good he becomes. He should get drafted early and on potential but he has to tighten up his tech.
    I would not take him at 20 but what do I know.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Well I saw last two years Bama games. He has a lot to work with and he needs some work.
    In the bama games he got burned by Ruggs n Jeudy repeatedly on slants. His ability to transition from back peddle or from off man is not great in fact it's not good. Doesn't mean he can't flip better he may be to high but he needs work there. Combine also showed he needed work there.
    He does not provide much in the run game. He gets ridden out by wr's to easy. Just may need to add weight n strength. He will in a year or 2 at next level.
    He is excellent on verticals where he gets his head around and has good enough hands to make some turnovers happen. Straight line speed is excellent.
    So is he a finished product? No
    He is young ,tall and fast so there is a lot to work with.
    I'm not sure how good he becomes. He should get drafted early and on potential but he has to tighten up his tech.
    I would not take him at 20 but what do I know.
    Thanks Iron City for the in depth analysis...I get excited for the draft, and love the guesswork and opinions

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sounds like a boom or bust first round talent...
    But i guess there is no sure thing...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

If Bush isnt there and we dont move up, im ok with this kid.
    I've seen him tackle in some clips
    I think the Ravens are going to try and leapfrog us for Bush
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.