Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    D. White is our LVE from 2018 that went to the Cowboys 10 spots before our pick. A lot of us had him in our "Mocks" lol

I wanted him too till heard the rumour of his broken neck history... scared me off ... was just right after Shazier. Then I wanted Goedart. (sp) ...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There's a glut of good WRs in this draft. We should be able to find one on day 2 or even day 3.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There's a glut of good WRs in this draft. We should be able to find one on day 2 or even day 3.
    which WRs do you like in Rounds 2, 3 and 4?

Legend

User Info Menu

"And it gives us ten picks overall in a draft that we think is a draft that’s beneficial to have as many picks you can get.” -Colbert

This tells me they may be keeping all their picks and not giving picks to trade up...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    "And it gives us ten picks overall in a draft that we think is a draft thatís beneficial to have as many picks you can get.Ē -Colbert

This tells me they may be keeping all their picks and not giving picks to trade up...
    Bringing in 10 guys would be foolish and a waste.
    We have holes but not so desperate that we'll have multiple 6th and 7th rounders filling them in. I'd say we'd have to cut at least 3 of the 10 this yr. Maybe four.

There's gotta be a few teams looking for more picks this year.

So trading two 6th Round picks for a 2020 4th round pick is not out of the question.

Or perhaps our two 3rd round picks to move up in the 2nd this yr.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

"And it gives us ten picks overall in a draft that we think is a draft that’s beneficial to have as many picks you can get.” -Colbert

I agree.... this draft is huge.. and I don't see us giving up any picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not me. If Devin White falls out of the top 10, we have the draft capital now to trade up to get him. Once upon a time, when we only had our original 7 picks, we gave up a couple of picks to move up in round 1 to get Polamalu...exactly what we needed at that time. It was worth it, even though we ended up with only 5 draft choices overall following that trade. This year, we could give up a couple of picks to move up in round 1 to get just what we need now, and we'd still have 8 draft picks overall!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Bringing in 10 guys would be foolish and a waste.
    We have holes but not so desperate that we'll have multiple 6th and 7th rounders filling them in. I'd say we'd have to cut at least 3 of the 10 this yr. Maybe four.

There's gotta be a few teams looking for more picks this year.

So trading two 6th Round picks for a 2020 4th round pick is not out of the question.

Or perhaps our two 3rd round picks to move up in the 2nd this yr.
    I hope we don't give up our 3rds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Not me. If Devin White falls out of the top 10, we have the draft capital now to trade up to get him. Once upon a time, when we only had our original 7 picks, we gave up a couple of picks to move up in round 1 to get Polamalu...exactly what we needed at that time. It was worth it, even though we ended up with only 5 draft choices overall following that trade. This year, we could give up a couple of picks to move up in round 1 to get just what we need now, and we'd still have 8 draft picks overall!
    White won't fall below 15 and the Steelers will have to give up a lot to get there, assuming they can even find a trade partner. If the talent is as good in this draft as what some are saying who's to say the Steelers don't cut some guys already on the roster to make room. We are talking about a team that underperformed last year, so there will be changes..... maybe.

Legend

User Info Menu

btw, I am ok with trading picks this year for future drafts... it's a smart move and something NE is known for.