Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2019 Visit Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Maryland S Darnell Savage Headlines Steelers Four Wednesday Pre Draft Visitors

By Dave Bryan
    Posted on April 3, 2019

The Pittsburgh Steelers are hosting four more players for pre-draft visits on Wednesday and this group includes all defensive players.

According to Bob Labriola of steelers.com on Wednesday, the Steelers are hosting Maryland safety Darnell Savage, Oregon safety Ugo Amadi, Oklahoma State edge Jordan Brailford, and Washington linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven for pre-draft visits.

Savage, who was named one of the few Defensive Practice Players of the Week at this year’s Senior Bowl, measured in at 5106, 198-pounds with 31-inch arms and 9 1/8-inch hands at this year’s scouting combine. He ran his 40 yard-dash in 4.36-seconds, did 11 reps on the bench, posted a vertical jump of 39.5-inches and a broad jump of 10’6″. He also had a short shuttle time of 4.14-seconds and a 3-cone time of 7.03-seconds. During his career at Maryland, Savage registered 8 interceptions, 14 pass breakups and 182 total tackles of which 9 resulted in lost yardage.

At this year’s scouting combine, Amadi measured in at 5093, 199-pounds with 31 3/4-inch arms and 9 1/2-inch hands. He ran the 40-yard-dash in 4.51-seconds while in Indianapolis in addition to doing 18 reps on the bench. His vertical jump was 32.5-inches and his broad jump was 9’7″. Amadi’s short shuttle time was 4.19-seconds at the combine and his 3-cone time was 7.21-seconds. During his college career, Amadi registered 4 forced fumbles and 8 total interceptions to go along with 25 total pass breakups in 51 games played. He also registered 165 total tackles of which 9.5 resulted in lost yardage.

As for Brailford, who measured in at the combine at 6025, 252-pounds with 32 1/2-inch arms and 9 1/8-inch hands, he registered 15 total sacks in the 37 games that he played in at Oklahoma State dating back to 2014 and 14 of them came over the course of the last two seasons with 9 coming in 2018.

Burr-Kirven measured in at the combine at 6000, 230-pounds with 31 7/8-inch arms and 8 7/8-inch hands. He ran his 40-yard-dash in 4.56-seconds, did 21 reps on the bench and posted a vertical jump of 34.5-inches to go along with a 10’1″ broad jump. His short shuttle time was 4.09-seconds and his 3-cone time was 6.85-seconds. In 53 career games at Washington, Burr-Kirven registered 338 total tackles of which 11.5 resulted in lost yardage. He had 4 sacks, 12 pass breakups and 4 total interceptions during his college career.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/ma...raft-visitors/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/1113828060456017920

S Dravon Askew Henry from West Virginia;
    CB Sean Bunting from Central Michigan;
    LB Ulysees Gilbert from Akron;
    LB Gary Johnson from Texas
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/1114197134839099393

CB Justin Layne from Michigan State;
    CB Rock Ya-sin from Temple
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

221K MATT GAY UTAH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

'I am liking it a lot" in a "dumb and dumber" voice...

This list of visits just keeps on getting better and better. I can see us hitting on half of these players and how they would fit in greatly. 10 more to go... When do the last visits usually stop?
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    'I am liking it a lot" in a "dumb and dumber" voice...

This list of visits just keeps on getting better and better. I can see us hitting on half of these players and how they would fit in greatly. 10 more to go... When do the last visits usually stop?
    Should go through 4/19
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

221K MATT GAY UTAH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CB DeAndre Baker from Georgia
    OLB Ben Banogu from TCU
    CB Byron Murphy from Washington

https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/1115297162223607808
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

221K MATT GAY UTAH

Legend

User Info Menu

First round corner prospects...Joe Haden turns 30 next week and is entering his 10th season in the NFL (which happens to be the last year on his current contract). The team doesn't always draft to fill its most immediate need right now, but rather its biggest projected need a year from now. This type of pick could turn a perennial negative into a pretty impressive positive (like the OL transformation a few years ago). Murphy or Baker could be a guy who is a rotational player as a rookie in preparation for a starting role in 2020. Haden can't play forever. We could then use our four picks in rounds 2-4 to find an ILB, edge rusher, WR, and TE. If our favorite round 1 LB's and TE's come off the board before we could even fathom a reasonable trade up, this could be the route we ultimately go.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

hmm... no greedy?

i assume S dl and te are the next wave...
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    First round corner prospects...Joe Haden turns 30 next week and is entering his 10th season in the NFL (which happens to be the last year on his current contract). The team doesn't always draft to fill its most immediate need right now, but rather its biggest projected need a year from now. This type of pick could turn a perennial negative into a pretty impressive positive (like the OL transformation a few years ago). Murphy or Baker could be a guy who is a rotational player as a rookie in preparation for a starting role in 2020. Haden can't play forever. We could then use our four picks in rounds 2-4 to find an ILB, edge rusher, WR, and TE. If our favorite round 1 LB's and TE's come off the board before we could even fathom a reasonable trade up, this could be the route we ultimately go.
    I just saw a mock on Steelers 24/7 on facebook, where they had White and Bush both off the board when we pick at 20, but Hockenson, Gary from Michigan, and Metcalf the WR were available. So, which one is BPA? The TE? what about Gary?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I just saw a mock on Steelers 24/7 on facebook, where they had White and Bush both off the board when we pick at 20, but Hockenson, Gary from Michigan, and Metcalf the WR were available. So, which one is BPA? The TE? what about Gary?
    No brainer for me...I would take Hockenson even if Bush were still available.

Gary seems like more of a 4-3 DE type of edge rusher than a 3-4 OLB type of edge rusher.

Metcalf was not very productive in college for a guy who possesses his physical talents and when I see a skill position player with an unnecessary amount of muscular bulk, I foresee chronic soft tissue injury issues. Could be another David Boston type of "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" situation.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.