Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Colbert Lost All Credibility?

Legend

User Info Menu

Has Colbert Lost All Credibility?

Getting a 3 and a 5 for AB after his statements in the media point to Colbert having 0 credibility across the league.

How will any other team take him seriously ever again?

Doesnít this weaken his ability to negotiate with players, with other teams, etc?

Who was ultimately accountable for giving AB his ridiculous contract in the first place?

There Red seems to be a pattern of disgruntled players in Pittsburgh from LB to AB to JH. Itís a pattern. As much as AB is at fault, it feels like someone else should be held accountable for our sub par roster and pattern of problems with players.

But then again, who cares? The season tickets have already been paid for. The fans are locked in no matter what product this team delivers. There really no reason to need accountability.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Colbert is certainly damaged and the steelers brand has taken a major hit

im sure some here will spin it otherwise but that's how it looks to anyone who is being honest with themselves

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that we got far less than what we were hoping. Let's see if he can begin to redeem himself through FA and a solid draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It’s a new NFL. Players don’t care about tradition and history. They want to get paid.

Administrator

User Info Menu

More arrogance by the ownership and GM.

Meanwhile, the root of the problem, Mike Tomlin aka the fraud aka the cancer still has a job.

It's time to rebuild. Trade Ben, fire Tomlin asap.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colbert basically got low-balled at the Pawn Shop after Chumlee brought in a buddy who knows all about the value of diva wide receivers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think Colbert is a problem. He didn't get low balled, that was AB's value. No one wanted to deal with AB, and the Raiders with cap space took that risk. He did the right thing, he ended the drama. Time to move on.

I think it is the way the NFL is heading, no more are the days of group of players playing together for their entire careers. This roster has been together for way too long.

Look at Seattle, they sort of went through this. Lynch, and now Earl.

On the other side of spectrum is NE ( hate to compare) they keep reflipping their team. Bring in hungry players to win, instead of keep players who have great success let the game get to their heads.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There seems to be a pattern of disgruntled players in Pittsburgh from LB to AB to JH. It’s a pattern. As much as AB is at fault, it feels like someone else should be held accountable for our sub par roster and pattern of problems with players.

But then again, who cares? The season tickets have already been paid for. The fans are locked in no matter what product this team delivers. There really no reason to need accountability.
    Wait, the players coach is a fraud?

What next will you tell me? That a secondary coach can't evaluate or develop DBs?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Absolutely pathetic. Colbert and Tomlin should have been fired years ago.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I don't think Colbert is a problem. He didn't get low balled, that was AB's value. No one wanted to deal with AB, and the Raiders with cap space took that risk. He did the right thing, he ended the drama. Time to move on.

I think it is the way the NFL is heading, no more are the days of group of players playing together for their entire careers. This roster has been together for way too long.

Look at Seattle, they sort of went through this. Lynch, and now Earl.

On the other side of spectrum is NE ( hate to compare) they keep reflipping their team. Bring in hungry players to win, instead of keep players who have great success let the game get to their heads.
    Hate to say it but I agree with you...Never thought of NE in that way...I know they win all the time, But you pointed something out that I never thought about...

I know more than a few times I said " Look at NE, they just won and they got rid of this guy that guy " alot of really good players...

They don't let players get comfortable...form clicks, and get lazy and unprofessional...Like you said, keep resetting the team and keeping the attitude fresh and hungry...

I just think with all the money nowadays...Used to be keeping a big group of players together for a long time formed camaraderie...Now it just causes complacency and a comfort zone