Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AB's new contract

Legend

User Info Menu

AB's new contract

Just heard AB's new contract is 3 years... over 50.125 million guaranteed... over 30 million fully guaranteed.

Looks like AB made out well on the deal.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah he did. I wonder how much cp space the Raiders now have. And let's see what KC has to pay out Hill. I hope it kills there cap.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Just heard AB's new contract is 3 years... over 50.125 million guaranteed... over 30 million fully guaranteed.

Looks like AB made out well on the deal.
    OMG!!! Players using leverage to get what they want, leveon bell set the stage by being willing to sit out a season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers got punk’d twice in the last 12 months. If we replace those divas with hungry rooks and get a title - no harm. But I hope Colbert really analyzes how they got here and makes an effort to avoid it in the future.

The smart move was to move on - but for only a 3 and a 5, I wouldn’t have minded parking him for year and let him borrow bells jet ski. Oh well. It’s all juju and wash now.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    The Steelers got punk’d twice in the last 12 months. If we replace those divas with hungry rooks and get a title - no harm. But I hope Colbert really analyzes how they got here and makes an effort to avoid it in the future.

The smart move was to move on - but for only a 3 and a 5, I wouldn’t have minded parking him for year and let him borrow bells jet ski. Oh well. It’s all juju and wash now.
    Problem is that AB controlled were he was getting traded to by being willing to sit out. So even if you had someone like Buffalo willing to give up a 1st rd pick you cant get the deal done because Buffalo can't risk Brown not showing up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Problem is that AB controlled were he was getting traded to by being willing to sit out. So even if you had someone like Buffalo willing to give up a 1st rd pick you cant get the deal done because Buffalo can't risk Brown not showing up.
    Exactly. Those wanting to blame Colbert for not getting more really didn't understand the situation. AB controlled the trade process. The only thing the Steelers had as a lever was to keep him. That certainly wouldn't have helped them win more games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With this new contract, does that now clear the Steelers with the cap space that Brown would've used up?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    With this new contract, does that now clear the Steelers with the cap space that Brown would've used up?
    We still get hit with 21 million in dead money I think.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Nope, the Steelers are paying 20mil to lose an All Pro WR and got nothing in return.

A stellar business decision.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And the alternative was to keep him and get LESS than nothing in return.