Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AB's new contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    The Steelers got punk’d twice in the last 12 months. If we replace those divas with hungry rooks and get a title - no harm. But I hope Colbert really analyzes how they got here and makes an effort to avoid it in the future.

The smart move was to move on - but for only a 3 and a 5, I wouldn’t have minded parking him for year and let him borrow bells jet ski. Oh well. It’s all juju and wash now.
    Making him sit a year would have been the correct thing to do. He got just what he and Rosenhaus wanted. Rosenhaus instructed him on how to behave to get out of his contract. Don’t sleep on the part Rosenhaus played in this.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    there is no way to spin this positive.
    the steelers allowed themselves to get bent over
    they could have taken a stand
    they could have been men
    they are still the laughing stock of the league and players will now follow ABs lead when they want out
    making AB be a steeler would have put the responsibility on him to show up, increase his value. if not, make him inactive every week. hell, paying him and telling him not to show all year would have been better
    steelers are an embarrassment
    Yeah, we look like fools to the rest of the NFL. Hope we make that 3rd round pick really count.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    And the alternative was to keep him and get LESS than nothing in return.
    only in relation to AB. But using that diva to send a message to every other player both on the team and in the future might have been a worthwhile tradeoff. The Steelers thought it was fine to eat 21million and lose one of the best WR's in the game. I don't see much of a difference between eating next years salary, sitting one of the best WR's in the game and letting the team and the rest of the league know the Steelers won't be held hostage.

I realize that's an emotional position to take - but as the great Cameron Fry once said, sometimes you have to take a stand.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

3 years back i said Bell was the more important guy to sign long term when AB was due his mega contract.
    Feltdizz argued AB was more important.....LMAO
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Gary dulac tweet:

Steelers source emphasizes AB trade is agreement only and “it’s never over till it’s over.”

Wtf lol would be hilarious to scuttle the trade and AB eats his social media posts.
    Would love to see this happen to AB if this is all we can get for him

Legend

User Info Menu

only in relation to AB. But using that diva to send a message to every other player both on the team and in the future might have been a worthwhile tradeoff. The Steelers thought it was fine to eat 21million and lose one of the best WR's in the game. I don't see much of a difference between eating next years salary, sitting one of the best WR's in the game and letting the team and the rest of the league know the Steelers won't be held hostage.

I realize that's an emotional position to take - but as the great Cameron Fry once said, sometimes you have to take a stand.
    I’m watching the NFL network and this reporter is saying that a few players on the team are applauding AB on how he got out of his contract on social media. See? This is what I’m talking abou with creating environment & culture.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Alternative was to get ahead of this issue before it became a toxic situation. But then again we are talking about a joke of an organization at the moment with a fraud as a coach.
    We should never have signed AB to the big extension after the facebook/locker room incident. Should have traded him then.

Should have put the non-exclusive franchise tag on Bell last year and encouraged him to go negotiate with other teams. Chances are, someone would have gone after him.

And we would have gotten return for a couple of talented players whereas now, we get basically nothing. And really, have to pay to get rid of Brown.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I’m watching the NFL network and this reporter is saying that a few players on the team are applauding AB on how he got out of his contract on social media. See? This is what I’m talking about my with creating environment & culture.
    Expect more of the same kind of behavior from players on our team as long as the Steelers keep rewarding it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Expect more of the same kind of behavior from players on our team as long as the Steelers keep rewarding it.
    And a Boss/ Coach that's Buddy Buddy and condones it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did we take a stand? Brown wanted a trade, he got a trade. Brown wanted a new contract, he got a new contract. Really what would you tell guys thinking about doing this in the future, "Don't mess with the Steelers or you will get exactly what you want"?