Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AB's new contract

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    And the alternative was to keep him and get LESS than nothing in return.
    Alternative was to get ahead of this issue before it became a toxic situation. But then again we are talking about a joke of an organization at the moment with a fraud as a coach.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    And the alternative was to keep him and get LESS than nothing in return.

there is no way to spin this positive.
    the steelers allowed themselves to get bent over
    they could have taken a stand
    they could have been men
    they are still the laughing stock of the league and players will now follow ABs lead when they want out
    making AB be a steeler would have put the responsibility on him to show up, increase his value. if not, make him inactive every week. hell, paying him and telling him not to show all year would have been better
    steelers are an embarrassment

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So please tell us how we could have “got ahead of this issue”. We were dealing with two juvenile head cases who were willing to sit out whole seasons and behave like ass. All this handwringing about Colbert’s “credibility” goes away with a good draft and some good wins on the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is just stupid the way they do it then. So, 2019 league year starts next week, and he signed a new contract. Common sense says that Oakland would be charged with his salary. Sure, if he was on the roster for any part of 2019, then they should be hit with some of the cap. I did see on ESPN that they will get hit with the 21 million in 2019. Stupid rules.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we are ahead of this issue as we are getting rid of a cancer. We cut it out before it got worse.

I also think going forward, they need to do a better job of who they draft- not necessarily by athletic ability, but by character. We need more JuJu's on this team. The NFL as a whole has a problem letting these bad characters run the league.

I'm tired of seeing these clowns having all this control. Don't let your kids idolize these jokers.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    That is just stupid the way they do it then. So, 2019 league year starts next week, and he signed a new contract. Common sense says that Oakland would be charged with his salary. Sure, if he was on the roster for any part of 2019, then they should be hit with some of the cap. I did see on ESPN that they will get hit with the 21 million in 2019. Stupid rules.
    It's the accelerated money the Steelers already paid AB that is the $21M hit. That can't and should not be moved to the signing team.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I think we are ahead of this issue as we are getting rid of a cancer. We cut it out before it got worse.

I also think going forward, they need to do a better job of who they draft- not necessarily by athletic ability, but by character. We need more JuJu's on this team. The NFL as a whole has a problem letting these bad characters run the league.

I'm tired of seeing these clowns having all this control. Don't let your kids idolize these jokers.
    Right. The organization and HC is enabling this garbage. Ben throwing teammates under the bus during his weekly radio show is just as bad.

The AB situation has been brewing for a long long time. It didn't start Week 17.

The problem is the Steelers coaching staff and FO let this get out of control and as things got worse, so did ABs value.

Imagine how much we could have got for AB prior to this year, or prior to week 17 this year or even prior to a month or two ago?

I'd rather they nipped the situation and have AB on the team. Then again, the FO took Ben's side and is enabling his poor behavior and **** on the 52 other "kids". Colbert's words, not mine.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Nope, the Steelers are paying 20mil to lose an All Pro WR and got nothing in return.

A stellar business decision.
    So how would you have handled the AB trade? Starting from the end of the season to now.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

The AB situation was a cultural issue brewing for years. Same culture that allows Ben to go on his radio show to throw people under the bus. It just boiled over with AB last year.

The question now is what are Tomlin/ Colbert going to do different going forward?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Gary dulac tweet:

Steelers source emphasizes AB trade is agreement only and “it’s never over till it’s over.”

Wtf lol would be hilarious to scuttle the trade and AB eats his social media posts.