Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: What a way to go out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    pretty sure it was LESION OF DOOM
    It was both. I originally called it the Legion of Doom when I made the graphic with all of the supervillains and their HQ in the swamp. Someone suggested Lesions (or Lesion) of Doom, so the name kind of changed and stuck. The image is on my old laptop...maybe I'll look for it one day.

I did a quick search here, but the image was uploaded using an old server called TinyPic that is no longer in service. The post that it was attached to mentioned that Las Vegas Guy (LVG) was in the LoD for a short while but was removed because five board members vouched for his character. I totally forgot that we allowed people to be taken out if at least five members agreed they weren't that terrible. That post also mentions MSM staying in as a charter member of the LoD for life.

Good memories!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Here is the history:
    Dizz was banned because he kind of called out the site owner who does not post much if at all anymore.

Happened to me too at around the same time, though my ban was a short warning ban.

Others were banned and never came back.

We all tended to be pro-Tomlin, which the site owner is not. We were complaining about vulgar language used about Tomlin as well as directed at us.

Perhaps that is why there remains a hypersensitivity to the topic.

During that time Dizz took the name Oh Wow. It did not take people much time to figure out it was him and we went on knowing OhWow was FeltDizz were one and the same until the ban came off the name FeltDizz. Since then he went back to the original name.

It was never about fooling us and he never denied it was him.

The name was created to circumvent his ban and Im sure even the site owner knew it was him all along.

NJ trying to associate other names with him seems an attempt to try to tie every poster who had negative things about Ben to Dizz.

OhWow is Dizz the rest are not.

There in fact used to be a few posters who seemed to REALLY dislike Ben but most are not around anymore.
    Okay that is your version of the story. But Feltdizz fake account has been banned. How do you know those posters who do not like Ben, and continue to takes shot as him for the teams woes... A likely first ballot hall of fame quarterback .... are gone? I see some those post still floating around here in 2023 don't you?
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and focused on the right free agents and draft needs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I self banned from this board for about 7 years. As Bob Segar said Still the Same

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    I self banned from this board for about 7 years. As Bob Segar said Still the Same
    yet here you are

and on an account made 1 year ago with nearly a thousand posts ... yep you self banned years ago alright lmao
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 09-09-2023 at 11:04 AM.
    @dwinsgames on twitter .... Kenny Pickett is who I thought he was ....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    yet here you are

and on an account made 1 year ago with nearly a thousand posts ... yep you self banned years ago alright lmao
    I was away from this site for almost 7 years. But you are right, Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. except I pulled myself back in.

Legend

User Info Menu

its hilarious to think only one person could
    dislike Ben on a message board. Its pretty much the reason NJ was banned. That thinking drove him crazy.

Plenty of folks hate Tomlin and blame him for the drought yet can’t fathom some fans thinking Ben played a huge part in it?

I’ve said Ben is a first ballot HOFer and was accused of lying to cover for my hate for Ben. Ben was super talented but he wasn’t a great leader and had some serious off field issues that almost got him traded. Yet its impossible for a few fans not to like him? Its all one guy?

of course its going to drive a person mad if they are on a witch hunt.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    I was away from this site for almost 7 years. But you are right, Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. except I pulled myself back in.
    forgot to mention I love the Seger reference
    @dwinsgames on twitter .... Kenny Pickett is who I thought he was ....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Okay that is your version of the story. But Feltdizz fake account has been banned. How do you know those posters who do not like Ben, and continue to takes shot as him for the teams woes... A likely first ballot hall of fame quarterback .... are gone? I see some those post still floating around here in 2023 don't you?
    I don’t see ANY current poster (including Dizz) who blames Ben for all team woes. That was a made up narrative to begin with. Dizz has called Ben a deserving future HOFer many times. He is critical of Ben at times too. That is no crime. ANY PLAYER OR COACH DESERVES CRITICISM AT TIMES.

But even if there was someone who despised Ben, what of it? That would be a football OPINION. Just like you not liking Tomlin.

Banning comes from conduct not opinion. NJ broke the rules, was almost certainly warned, was suspended, went completely off the rails and is apparently is gone.

Nothing to do with opinions. Conduct
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-09-2023 at 11:29 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    It was both. I originally called it the Legion of Doom when I made the graphic with all of the supervillains and their HQ in the swamp. Someone suggested Lesions (or Lesion) of Doom, so the name kind of changed and stuck. The image is on my old laptop...maybe I'll look for it one day.

I did a quick search here, but the image was uploaded using an old server called TinyPic that is no longer in service. The post that it was attached to mentioned that Las Vegas Guy (LVG) was in the LoD for a short while but was removed because five board members vouched for his character. I totally forgot that we allowed people to be taken out if at least five members agreed they weren't that terrible. That post also mentions MSM staying in as a charter member of the LoD for life.

Good memories!
    I forgot that you did that. Classic.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I don’t see ANY current poster (including Dizz) who blames Ben for all team woes. That was a made up narrative to begin with. Dizz has called Ben a deserving future HOFer many times. He is critical of Ben at times too. That is no crime. ANY PLAYER OR COACH DESERVES CRITICISM AT TIMES.

But even if there was someone who despised Ben, what of it? That would be a football OPINION. Just like you not liking Tomlin.

Banning comes from conduct not opinion. NJ broke the rules, was almost certainly warned, was suspended, went completely off the rails and is apparently is gone.

Nothing to do with opinions. Conduct
    and we all know mods gave him warnings and he ignored them.

Anytime a mod contacted me to tone it down I did so out of respect regardless if the other person was doing more than me.

Its a board, we all have our moments or call someone an idiot or stupid but NJ prided himself on name calling. I never complained to a mod about it but finally we had some posters who saw the attacks and said something about it.

What did NJ do? He attacked them as well? lol.

and folks, its really odd to attack people who like the team and act like they are the problem.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black