Thread: Wouldn't it be great if the Steelers "Tiki'd" AB & LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wouldn't it be great if the Steelers "Tiki'd" AB & LB

Tiki Barber retired after a pissing match with Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning. Giants end up winning the Super Bowl the following year and another a few seasons later. Aside from the normal joy that comes with a Lombardi, this would make me extra happy

Starter

User Info Menu

The way I read it LB is gone. He's no longer a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    The way I read it LB is gone. He's no longer a Steeler.
    Yeah, armpit is saying that we did not win a Super Bowl with Brown and Bell on our roster.

The ultimate outcome would be winning a Super Bowl the season after they both leave our team.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, armpit is saying that we did not win a Super Bowl with Brown and Bell on our roster.

The ultimate outcome would be winning a Super Bowl the season after they both leave our team.
    As the Fonz used to say... EXACTAMUNDO!!

Starter

User Info Menu

I liked both players but it is defintely time to move on. It's a case of diminishing returns. Bell is gone and looks as though it's no longer if but when Brown leaves. The Steelers fielded teams after a long list of great players and this will be no exception. Ben will be extended soon (probably a toalt of 3 years to match Pouncey) and we have Rudolph and Dobbs in the wings. Connor showed me a lot last year but I'd like to see 1 more back brough in to replace Ridley. We'll need 1 maybe 2 WRs as well, I like JJ-Arcega-Whiteside in the ealrier rounds and myabe pick up on in the later rounds, UDFA, or FA.

Actually, I am looking forward to the next season more ecery day, knowing B & B will soon be in our rear view mirrors.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 03-08-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    As the Fonz used to say... EXACTAMUNDO!!
    I thought you were Ralph? The nerd with the red hair.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I thought you were Ralph? The nerd with the red hair.
    I'm more of a Potsie Webber

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post

Actually, I am looking forward to the next season more ecery day, knowing B & B will soon be in our rear view mirrors.
    Agreed 1000%

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The nerd that ended up with the hot chick... got it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.