Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The AB deal is set!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Booooooooooo
    Not to be critical, but you actually were expecting more at this point?

If this is true it will be two picks in the top 100 of the draft. Given what has transpired over the last 3 months, I will take it.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Not to be critical, but you actually were expecting more at this point?

If this is true it will be two picks in the top 100 of the draft. Given what has transpired over the last 3 months, I will take it.

brothervad
    Best we could realistically hope for. Now i hope AB blows out a knee

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Best we could realistically hope for. Now i hope AB blows out a knee
    I woke up today excited about the possible Buffalo deal. I loved the fact of getting a pick in the top 10. It opened up so many draft possibilities and then AB crapped all over it. I guess the Steelers could still make some deals on draft day with the extra picks to move up if they choose too.

Yes about the knee comment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

New reports say AB could be gone in less then 24hrs, possibly the Raiders, who own three 1st Rd picks...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watch it be with the Birmingham Iron, haha. Or him just trolling everyone.
    Rara's WAY TOO EARLY mock v2
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 2- Anfernee Jennings, OLB; Alabama
    Round 3 (Bell comp?)- Tristen Wirfs, OT; Iowa
    Round 4a- Cameron Dantzler, CB; Mississippi State
    Round 4b- Lorenzo Neal, DT; Purdue
    Round 6- Emeka Emezie, WR; NC State
    Round 7- Darnay Holmes, CB; UCLA

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Hearing it will be a 2 and a 4.
    If that's the case, it would be picks 2.35 and 4.106.

According to the trade value chart, those 2 picks are worth 550 points and 82 points, respectively.

The total of 632 points would be between the value of picks 29 (640 points) and pick 30 (620).

That's not quite the value of Oakland's last 1st round pick at #27 overall (680 points), but it would still be first round value, mathematically.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Folks here were excited about the potential Bills trade because we'd be up where we could possibly get a defensive difference maker such as Devin White.

But if we do get a 2 and a 4 from Oakland, we'd then have 1 first round pick, 2 second round picks, 1 third round pick, 2 fourth round picks, 3 sixth round picks and 1 seventh round pick.

With those 10 picks, we'd have the ammunition to trade up for an elite level playmaker like we did for Polamalu, but then still have a full complement of draft picks after it to address other needs, unlike back then when we only had 5 total picks following that trade-up.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Or package those 4th and 6th round picks to move up into the 3rd round a couple of times, giving 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft...
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Folks here were excited about the potential Bills trade because we'd be up where we could possibly get a defensive difference maker such as Devin White.

But if we do get a 2 and a 4 from Oakland, we'd then have 1 first round pick, 2 second round picks, 1 third round pick, 2 fourth round picks, 3 sixth round picks and 1 seventh round pick.

With those 10 picks, we'd have the ammunition to trade up for an elite level playmaker like we did for Polamalu, but then still have a full complement of draft picks after it to address other needs, unlike back then when we only had 5 total picks following that trade-up.
    That’s exactly why I got excited about the Bills deal, Devin White in the black and gold. I guess it’s still a possibility.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't like the big drop off after pick 20.
    However at this point I don't see a huge drop off between 27 and 35 either.
    So I'm happy either way at this point
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!