Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The AB deal is set!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    And how is he getting “another contract” if he plays well for us? We would just keep him.......which is NOT what he is trying to do.
    I said "... he thinks he's getting."

I don't see any way he plays for us next season. I'm with you that you get what you can and get rid of him ASAP.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

As of Thursday afternoon, there was no definitive leader in the Antonio Brown trade sweepstakes. The team will field best offers Friday and will choose to accept or re-evaluate/remain patient at that point. The team has wanted a first-round pick but it's all about the best package, from what I've been told, not simply first-round or bust.

18h

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

The Steelers wanted best offers for Antonio Brown in by Friday but knew they could be patient if the offers weren't what they wanted. There's more time. GM Kevin Colbert said the team wants 'significant' compensation, and that hasn't changed.

5h
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Maybe, but what he's trying to do is totally devalule himself so he's released outright.
    Just remind his agent that if he devalues himself to the point of being released NOBODY will give him MORE guaranteed money.
    There is a delicate balance they have to play.......they want to force a trade.......but not to a scrub.

Legend

User Info Menu

No doubt their waiting for that. Brown is helping them out as much as he can.
    What if there have already been behind the scenes “handshake agreements” for a raise with a particular team (say the Niners).
    Browns agent could have told the team what Brown was going to do if another team bid for him.

Brown simultaneously, nixes any other option and drives the trade price down, with his crazy shenanigans.

Because the trade partner knows the plan they don’t see “crazy” like everyone else......offers a lesser pick and get Brown at a bargain.

This all could be a master manipulation of the system to get Brown EXACTLY what he wants.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-08-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers need to have patience just say nothing and approach the draft like we are keeping him...go all in on this until boom a team says fine you can have our number #1....watch this will
    happen......

Legend

User Info Menu

What if he doesn’t even want a raise......
    IF HE WINDS UP A PATRIOT........I’m calling collusion.

Legend

User Info Menu

It looks tormented as if AB’s Business is about to go boom right in his face

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to not do anything with him. Just like Sword said and I said earlier. It's time to just move on and worry about other business that needs to be addressed on this team. Just inform him he needs to not show up for mini camp or any other Steeler activity.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We need to not do anything with him. Just like Sword said and I said earlier. It's time to just move on and worry about other business that needs to be addressed on this team. Just inform him he needs to not show up for mini camp or any other Steeler activity.

Actually it puts a big cloud over the franchise. How can they sign any free agent if they realy don't know what they could've gotten in return for AB.

What if went big and made a splash in free agency for Cb, only to have New Orleans offer last minute Lattimore and Apple for AB and AB.

What if we were about to sign Mosley but had a difference of 2.5 ( AB's bonus)

Although there is no true deadline, we need to get rid of this story and focus on the players and future players who are going to be with us going forward.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m staying out of this one from here on out. AB is exhausting. I’ll sit on the sidelines and let the drama play out.