Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought’s?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Thought’s?

The Chiefs are releasing linebacker Justin Houston, Matt Verderame of FanSided reports.

The move is not a surprise as a report last week said the Chiefs would try to trade Houston, with the linebacker’s days in Kansas City numbered one way or the other.

Houston is scheduled to make $15.25 million in base salary this season. A pre-June 1 cut would result in a $7.1 million cap charge.

Houston, 30, was a third-round pick of the Chiefs in 2011. He has 78.5 career sacks and 14 forced fumbles, earning four Pro Bowl berths and one All-Pro honor.

He has not made the Pro Bowl since 2015 and hasn’t had double-digit sacks since a league-best 22 in 2014.

Houston made nine sacks and forced five fumbles in 12 games last season.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...McoI9nr0JQptnQ

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm assuming he would want what he was making in kc but he always gave our line trouble. Also, cj Mosley is free to sign with another team. I'm really excited to see what transpires leading up until draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Just about to post this...
    Go get him on a 1 year prove it deal, offer Bud 3 years at 9 million and please get rid of Chickillo.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt seriously that houston will sign a 1 year prove it deal

someone will give him a nice contract. pass rushers are just too valuable

bud is gonna make 9 million for this season alone

Legend

User Info Menu

Thats not determined yet Ed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you're right pete, nothing set in stone

i would yank buds option and use that $$ to sign houston in a second, just not how the steelers usually operate

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree, lets hope they offer him a 3 year contract with low $$$$$

Starter

User Info Menu

Buds vesting option is 9.5...Colbert said they " believe" they will honor it...But also heard they were hoping to sign him and renegotiate a longer term/ less money contract...Something like maybe 5/35...I know Dud is not very good, I would not do the 5/ 35 example, But we almost have to sign his option...We really have nobody else...Chickillo sucks worse than him ( thats bad ) Adeniyi, Adams are virtual unknowns...Have to have somebody besides Watt at OLB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you remember the Steelers tried to get Irvin when he was released last year. Reports were the Steelers offered more but he wanted Atlanta. I think the Falcons offer worked out to 3 mil for full season. Now..That was mid season & the Steelers didn't have a solid rotation behind starters. They might feel they can address now in draft & Ola is the other with Adams getting one last chance to stick. I think the draft route is the plan but I would welcome Houston that's certain.

I think FA will be a CB early. Then depending on what they spend there they will target a vet WR. The sales rack of "Releases" will always be picked through As it's filled. Buying early there means $$$$ & late means hit or miss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Giving money to Justin Houston, who was released rather than being a traditional unrestricted free agent, would not count against the comp pick formula for Le'Veon Bell. He'd only be a short-term solution at his age rather than the long-term answer opposite Watt, but it could be somewhat similar to the Joe Haden scenario (albeit much earlier in the year).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.