Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994 Apocalypse and beyond.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was a great couple of years, but I guess the point I was ultimately making in posting this is that we HAVE had our share of drama and malcontents in the 'Burgh. Success breeds success, it also shines the light on those individuals looking out for only themselves, not the team. We reloaded and overcame adversity in '95, the question is, will we do it again?

Overcoming adverse conditions is what defines us all....

(Interim coach Don Stewart's pregame speech was epic)

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes we will. We’ll clean house and be fine long term. Who’s with me???!!!!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

oh, just found a 1995 highlight reel. Enjoy yinzers.....

Wow, some great old footage. Jerry O! Anyone remember Mark Bruener???? He made us forget Green. Voice of Myron Cope! Wow, Woodson's knee injury (Willie Williams next man up, filled in for Rod and led the AFC with 7 INTS)! Dirty Dawson, McAfee, Kevin Greene, Lee Flowers, Donte Jones, John Jackson, ...WOW! Greene and Lloyd were absolutely horrifying on the edge. How about John L. Williams at Fullback? Bam Morris was the first incarnation of the the bus. 3 Rivers Stadium, woot.... and lest I forget to mention those big block numbers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I remember this all very well.........

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And don't forget folks, the Steelers started out 3-4 that season after a loss to Cincy on a monday night game (or Thur?). It was then they regrouped and unleashed Odonnell and the 5 wides.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    And don't forget folks, the Steelers started out 3-4 that season after a loss to Cincy on a monday night game (or Thur?). It was then they regrouped and unleashed Odonnell and the 5 wides.

Probably my favorite Steeler team, they won by heart and soul, playing as a team. They were resilient. That defense was nasty, despite losing its best player. We thought that season was done. They incredibly flipped the script, that offense was 1 of a kind, 5 wr set, but still a power running team!

That superbowl was awesome (although we lost on heart breaker ), it showed exactly what type of team we had that year. ( comeback, onside kick at halftime against the dallas's dynasty)
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember that team well. We've never seen anything close to that in terms of defensive dominance (the mid 90's).
    One thing I'll point out that you brought up.... is cutting Foster. Of course those were "Different times"... but I think that was very telling...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I remember watching that AFCCG thinking it will be our 4-0 in SB Steelers vs the 4-0 in SB 49ers. Didn't happen. Was the most upset I had been after a Steeler loss. Until next season's SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

That was my first Steelers game i ever went to..
    When McKyer gave up that TD i was fn numb....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.