Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Colbert Confirms Team’s Faith In WR Washington Following Disappointing Rookie Season

Banned

User Info Menu

Conner intimated that he doesn't expect his role to change much. Much....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Huh?

What’s going on here

Banned

User Info Menu

I think their serious in what they say about using Samuels and Conner together with two TE and two wr’s. Why not? Bows the perfect time to see considering the transitional state our offense is in.
    2RBs + 2 TEs + 2 WRs = 6 skilled positions. Where's the QB?
    The only way this is possible is for Conner or Samuels to run the Read Option. (Don't think it will happen)

Our #1, #2 and maybe #3 WRs will be in new positions. #4 #5 and maybe #6 will also be chosen and need to be acclimated.
    The #1 TE is injury-prone. The #2 and maybe #3 TE will be new. A lot of work will be needed there.

There's a lot of work to be done and decisions to be made for the WR and TE positions, which is huge considering how much we throw the ball. They're going to need all the reps they can possibly get during training camp.

Now is not the time for new wrinkles, experiments with 2-back sets and the like. Just my opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    2RBs + 2 TEs + 2 WRs = 6 skilled positions. Where's the QB?
    The only way this is possible is for Conner or Samuels to run the Read Option. (Don't think it will happen)

Our #1, #2 and maybe #3 WRs will be in new positions. #4 #5 and maybe #6 will also be chosen and need to be acclimated.
    The #1 TE is injury-prone. The #2 and maybe #3 TE will be new. A lot of work will be needed there.

There's a lot of work to be done and decisions to be made for the WR and TE positions, which is huge considering how much we throw the ball. They're going to need all the reps they can possibly get during training camp.

Now is not the time for new wrinkles, experiments with 2-back sets and the like. Just my opinion.
    It’s fine for a wrinkle at the goal line but I don’t see any reason why this would be used more often. It’s not like we drafted a TE who has speed up the seam.

Oh wait!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It’s fine for a wrinkle at the goal line but I don’t see any reason why this would be used more often. It’s not like we drafted a TE who has speed up the seam.

Oh wait!!!
    I assume Maniac never saw this nor your original reation to his "speed up the seam" comment about our rookie tight end.
    He is like Usain Bolt.....SUPERSIZED.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Kevin Colbert inches toward G.M. free agency

Posted by Mike Florio on July 26, 2019

The Steelers unquestionably have become excellent at finding talent. The man primarily responsible for doing so could be taking his talents elsewhere next year.

G.M. Kevin Colbert’s contract runs through the 2020 draft. As explained by Ed Bouchette of TheAthletic.com, Colbert didn’t get an extension on the same day coach Mike Tomlin received his latest new deal. Bouchette adds that Colbert has told the team he prefers to go year to year.

That approach gives both sides flexibility; the Steelers can move on with minimal financial cost, and Colbert can walk away for a better offer or a change of scenery.

It’s hard to imagine either side wanting one. Colbert, who perhaps doesn’t get the credit he deserves because he’s quiet and understated, has done a great job for the Steelers. And Pittsburgh seems to be the perfect place for him.

Unless, of course, for Steelers minority owner David Tepper is thinking about making Colbert an offer he can’t refused in order to lure him to Charlotte.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-free-agency/

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell
    ‏@jimwexell

@jimwexell how did James Washington do today? Excited to see his progression throughout this season. #SteelersCamp

James C Wexell Retweeted Black And Yellow Insider

He looked great. Such an exciting pass/catcher, the way he gets up and rips it out of the air

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I assume Maniac never saw this nor your original reation to his "speed up the seam" comment about our rookie tight end.
    He is like Usain Bolt.....SUPERSIZED.
    Cap, anything with the ******* four in it, I don't read. Not even when their post are put into someone's else post. Their trouble makers and beneath me.
    I'm not catering to their hate. Us adults can discuss football and can share different opinions and still be civil. The children can't and therefore must attack when people don't share their opinions.

Love chatting with you Cap, Pitte, and the majority of the guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks bro...