Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert Confirms Teamís Faith In WR Washington Following Disappointing Rookie Season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Oh Ruth, come on. I wasn't the only one to call you out on this. Someone else came and said you took the stance I said you did. I wouldn't make it up on you. And you were very cavalier about it too. You know you said it. But can't we move on from that? We've got too much on our plate in the next three months to fix on this team.
    [sarcasm]

We're on to you Maniac. That "someone else" was obviously your burner account.

I know what you're doing.

I'm only posting this so that you know I'm on to you.

[/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 02-28-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    That's why we pay Ben IMO.

He's a great QB and should get better than average results out of average WRs.

I hope we dont go WR early in the draft or UFA period.
    I agree. Will be disappointed if any offensive player is selected in the first 3 rounds. This team needs defensive help.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree. Will be disappointed if any offensive player is selected in the first 3 rounds. This team needs defensive help.
    Im hoping for TE Hockenson in Round 1 unless Devin White is there

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Right now I'd be happy w either those two or Baker or Murphy at CB.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope Washington takes a huge leap in the coming season. He's humble, quiet, and high-character -- sure would be great to see him step up, along with a rookie burner, so that Mr. Big Chest is not missed at all. And if Ben will spread the ball around, and the offense uses the run a bit more? I still think we could have one of the top offenses in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Me too buzz. We need something good to break our way now. Washington panning out would be huge for us.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I love Hockenson, but if we don't get some defensive help at the top of this draft, I will be very disappointed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I love Hockenson, but if we don't get some defensive help at the top of this draft, I will be very disappointed.
    Again, me too buzz. I want our 2020 season coach to have all the peices in place that he needs to succeed.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

James Washington Says He Dropped 15 Pounds During Offseason

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on May 22, 2019

After a year experiencing what the NFL is really like, itís common for players to make big changes heading into their sophomore season. In Pittsburgh especially, thereís been numerous examples of guys dropping weight in order to be faster, more conditioned, and overall in better shape heading into that all-important Year Two.

Consider James Washington as one of those guys. According to this tweet from Steelers.comís Teresa Varley, Washington said he lost 15 pounds during the offseason and feels much better for it.

At the 2018 NFL combine, he weighed in at 213 pounds. So itís safe to assume heís in the 200-205 range right now. As a vertical threat without blazing speed, he ran in the 4.5ís coming out of Oklahoma State, any attempt to become lighter and faster is probably good for him.

Again, dropping weight after a rookie year is pretty common. Itís happened to nearly all the running backs in Pittsburgh. LeíVeon Bell entered the NFL around 244 pounds. By his sophomore season, he went down to 225 and in 2016, was under 215. James Conner did the same last year and Jaylen Samuels said he was working with a speed trainer during the winter with the goal to drop some weight and get faster. On the defensive side of the football, Bud Dupree also lost 20 pounds after his rookie campaign and Terrell Edmunds is looking pretty swole if youíve seen photos of him from spring practices.

Washington will become one of the offenseís X factors. Not that any one player will be responsible for replacing Antonio Brownís production, thatíd be ludicrous, but heíll have to make a major jump for this offense to remain the strength of the team. He ended 2018 on a better note, catching three passes for 60+ yards against the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals. The goal is for him to become the teamís Z receiver, letting JuJu Smith-Schuster play more snaps inside, where heíll function best.

Clearly though, work ethic isnít going to be an issue for Washington. We might not know much about his game yet but every report on him is that heís quiet, eager to learn, and willing to work. Pair him with a Hall of Famer like Ben Roethlisberger and itís easy to see a much different version of Washington in 2019, both in weight and play.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/ja...ing-offseason/

Legend

User Info Menu

Here’s hoping this makes him faster.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN