Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert Confirms Teamís Faith In WR Washington Following Disappointing Rookie Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not sold on Washington; I could be wrong but I don't see him as that great of a wide receiver. But we will know what management really thinks of him by what they do in free agency and the draft. To me, I don't think he can separate from the cornerbacks on him.
    His forte was going up for the ball in college IIRC.
    We definitely need a speedster who isnt currently on this roster.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Banned

User Info Menu

washington may become a solid #2, but it wont be this year
    the problem is if AB doesnt get traded immediately, the FA wr pool will dry up quick and we will be forced to sign some bum and spend a draft pick on wr
    we could really be in a bind

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

JW will be fine. What it does show is not everyone hits the ground running regardless of our track record. Saying that...I expect a vet WR to be signed & a WR drafted early. How early depends on many factors but I think you will see at least 2 new faces in the 6 carried.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    JW will be fine. What it does show is not everyone hits the ground running regardless of our track record. Saying that...I expect a vet WR to be signed & a WR drafted early. How early depends on many factors but I think you will see at least 2 new faces in the 6 carried.
    I'm also not worried about Washington. I do think a #2 is his ceiling

Legend

User Info Menu

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not sold on Washington; I could be wrong but I don't see him as that great of a wide receiver. But we will know what management really thinks of him by what they do in free agency and the draft. To me, I don't think he can separate from the cornerbacks on him.
    This offseason, we need to replace an All Pro receiver in Antonio Brown, and you are not sold on James Washington (after an underwhelming rookie stat line of only 217 yards receiving with only 1 TD), because you don't think that he can separate from the cornerbacks on him.

Last offseason, we needed to replace an All Pro running back in Le'Veon Bell, and I had questions about whether James Conner could be a bellcow back (after an underwhelming rookie stat line of only 144 yards rushing and no TD's), because he did not show enough evidence during his rookie season regarding his blocking or pass catching ability out of the backfield.

Damn, you must really hate James Washington, eh? Hater...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This offseason, we need to replace an All Pro receiver in Antonio Brown, and you are not sold on James Washington (after an underwhelming rookie stat line of only 217 yards receiving with only 1 TD), because you don't think that he can separate from the cornerbacks on him.

Last offseason, we needed to replace an All Pro running back in Le'Veon Bell, and I had questions about whether James Conner could be a bellcow back (after an underwhelming rookie stat line of only 144 yards rushing and no TD's), because he did not show enough evidence during his rookie season regarding his blocking or pass catching ability out of the backfield.

Damn, you must really hate James Washington, eh? Hater...
    Hahaahaha, good one. But unlike you thou, I admit I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong because then it would save us a possible draft pick to use in another area. But you spoke of Conner as a "dead set , can't miss , all he could ever be " back up.

At least I'm giving Washington the possibility of proving me wrong. LOL. It's all good Ruth. Your better for it now. I can tell.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

But you spoke of Conner as a "dead set , can't miss , all he could ever be " back up.
    Yeah, that's sounds exactly like something I would say.

If only there was a way for someone who throws out these completely baseless allegations to look back on this forum to find out exactly what was said...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    washington may become a solid #2, but it wont be this year
    the problem is if AB doesnt get traded immediately, the FA wr pool will dry up quick and we will be forced to sign some bum and spend a draft pick on wr
    we could really be in a bind
    That's why we pay Ben IMO.

He's a great QB and should get better than average results out of average WRs.

I hope we dont go WR early in the draft or UFA period.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh Ruth, come on. I wasn't the only one to call you out on this. Someone else came and said you took the stance I said you did. I wouldn't make it up on you. And you were very cavalier about it too. You know you said it. But can't we move on from that? We've got too much on our plate in the next three months to fix on this team.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh Ruth, come on. I wasn't the only one to call you out on this. Someone else came and said you took the stance I said you did. I wouldn't make it up on you. And you were very cavalier about it too. You know you said it. But can't we move on from that? We've got too much on our plate in the next three months to fix on this team.
    Nope...you were the only one. Who is this mysterious other person you speak of?

Never mind...you better get back to work on fixing this team...the front office and coaching staff obviously has too much on their plates right now...they need you to focus on how to improve it...there is precious little time!!! Better hop on a plane to Indy right now.