Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to be Great Like the Patriots and not have Drama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Because it's from the cheaters, yeah, I get that people would like to see him/them embarrassed. But in general, I think it's wrong to show video evidence like this. People lost their minds when Erin Andrews' video was made public as it was a major violation of someone's privacy. But just because someone does something illegal (and we can argue all day on whether what he did should even be illegal and in many parts of the world, it isn't), I don't think it should automatically make that person fair game for such an enormous invasion of privacy.
    Wait. Did you just say it’s legal in some parts of the world?

Sex with kids is legal in some parts of the world.

The hell type of excuse is this?

It’s illegal in the state he was in. That’s it, that’s all.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    They aren't requesting that it be suppressed because it's embarrassing.
    Of course they are!

They are arguing that it was collected illegalally. And it sounds like everyone charged is filing the same argument, so it's wouldn't just be for Kraft.
    Again, of course they're arguing that it was collected illegally. It's embarrassing! And what's the point of making the video public?

Don't you think it's ridiculous that if there was no audio on the recording, then the evidence collection is perfectly legal? There's a law that doesn't allow audio recording without consent but video is fair game? Huh?

It's ridiculous to me what people define as invasion of privacy and what they don't. You can be pleading for your life on a 911 call and for some reason, that's OK to make the recording public. If I ever had to call 911, I would be VERY brief on what I said and hang up. Because if you stay on the line and someone deems your emotions juicy enough for public consumption, it'll be played all over the place.

Video tape someone undressing through a key hole and there's public outrage over the invasion of privacy. But video tape someone doing something illegal, now it should be aired for the world to see. But include audio on that recording and it's illegal collection of evidence.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course they are!

Again, of course they're arguing that it was collected illegally. It's embarrassing! And what's the point of making the video public?

Don't you think it's ridiculous that if there was no audio on the recording, then the evidence collection is perfectly legal? There's a law that doesn't allow audio recording without consent but video is fair game? Huh?

It's ridiculous to me what people define as invasion of privacy and what they don't. You can be pleading for your life on a 911 call and for some reason, that's OK to make the recording public. If I ever had to call 911, I would be VERY brief on what I said and hang up. Because if you stay on the line and someone deems your emotions juicy enough for public consumption, it'll be played all over the place.

Video tape someone undressing through a key hole and there's public outrage over the invasion of privacy. But video tape someone doing something illegal, now it should be aired for the world to see. But include audio on that recording and it's illegal collection of evidence.
    I do think it's ridiculous and I hope their argument fails because what they were accused of doing is clearly illegal.

But, the authorities have to follow the law too.

It will suck if they escape justice.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I do think it's ridiculous and I hope their argument fails because what they were accused of doing is clearly illegal.

But, the authorities have to follow the law too.

It will suck if they escape justice.
    I think justice should be served without the added embarrassment of making the video public. I think that's a gross violation of privacy, regardless if what he was doing was illegal in the place he did it. It's not like he shot someone. If he did what he did in Nevada, no issue. In Amsterdam, no issue. But in Florida? Now, the video of what he did should be made public?

Doesn't make sense to me. The world has a sick view of what they feel entitled to see or hear.

Legend

User Info Menu

They aren't requesting that it be suppressed because it's embarrassing.

They are arguing that it was collected illegally. And it sounds like everyone charged is filing the same argument, so it's wouldn't just be for Kraft.

It sucks if they "get off" because the evidence was illegal. But that is how the law works here.
    They are trying to use the argument of being illegal but the truth...the truth is that it's the embarrassment that is going to kill Kraft. Kraft..a guy who goes out and gives to police foundations, counsels on how to be successful in life, how you can succeed if you play by the rules...Kraft does these type of speaking engagements often and if this becomes public, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's been a big fat liar all this time and that he actually lives a life other then what he portrays. He falls off that high horse BIG TIME if/once that video tape has gone viral.

The other defendants are riding on Kraft's coat tails because he has hired top notch lawyers; so if your just as guilty as him, why wouldn't your lawyers jump on the same bandwagon as Kraft's lawyers?

Before the local authorities set up those microphones/operations, they got permission from their supervisors to do it. For them to do it, they obviously have to have foreseen this type of situation and I'm sure that those local authorities determined that what they were doing was within the law. The only way that this is thrown out is because of Kraft/Trump working their magic behind the scenes; most likely in some type of financial payoff/contribution.

Quietly, people are watching. Because if Kraft gets off, this is proof positive to any and everyone of how broken this society & country are in morality and law. He's guilty; Everyone knows it.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think justice should be served without the added embarrassment of making the video public. I think that's a gross violation of privacy, regardless if what he was doing was illegal in the place he did it. It's not like he shot someone. If he did what he did in Nevada, no issue. In Amsterdam, no issue. But in Florida? Now, the video of what he did should be made public?

Doesn't make sense to me. The world has a sick view of what they feel entitled to see or hear.
    I hear what your saying. But if an intruder climbs in my upstairs window in the middle of the night, does he have rights for me not to shoot him? If your breaking the law, at some point, your waving some of your rights.

Remember, there are laws in this country that convicted Johns get their names posted in the local newspapers. It's the same thing.

Kraft speaks at police functions speaking of the importance of following laws. He especially should be held to a higher standard because he speaks on it all the time.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Remember, there are laws in this country that convicted Johns get their names posted in the local newspapers. It's the same thing.
    TMZ posting explicit video footage of an old dude getting whacked off is the same thing as putting someone's name in the newspaper?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They are trying to use the argument of being illegal but the truth...the truth is that it's the embarrassment that is going to kill Kraft. Kraft..a guy who goes out and gives to police foundations, counsels on how to be successful in life, how you can succeed if you play by the rules...Kraft does these type of speaking engagements often and if this becomes public, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's been a big fat liar all this time and that he actually lives a life other then what he portrays. He falls off that high horse BIG TIME if/once that video tape has gone viral.

The other defendants are riding on Kraft's coat tails because he has hired top notch lawyers; so if your just as guilty as him, why wouldn't your lawyers jump on the same bandwagon as Kraft's lawyers?

Before the local authorities set up those microphones/operations, they got permission from their supervisors to do it. For them to do it, they obviously have to have foreseen this type of situation and I'm sure that those local authorities determined that what they were doing was within the law. The only way that this is thrown out is because of Kraft/Trump working their magic behind the scenes; most likely in some type of financial payoff/contribution.

Quietly, people are watching. Because if Kraft gets off, this is proof positive to any and everyone of how broken this society & country are in morality and law. He's guilty; Everyone knows it.
    Not a lawyer, but I think there is something caked expectation of privacy.

A reasonable person (another legal standard I think) wouldn't expect that privacy when breaking into a house.

I think they would in a private "massage parlor".

I think the more reasonable analogy would be whether it would be OK to record video and audio of someone buying drugs in a public bathroom.

I think the spirit of our laws are correct and disregarding them moves us closer to preferring that innocent people get punished by accident to ensure that guilty people aren't mistakenly exonerated.

For what it's worth, I think a conviction shouldn't matter for the NFL. Kraft has pissed on the shield either way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hear what your saying. But if an intruder climbs in my upstairs window in the middle of the night, does he have rights for me not to shoot him? If your breaking the law, at some point, your waving some of your rights.

Kraft speaks at police functions speaking of the importance of following laws. He especially should be held to a higher standard because he speaks on it all the time.
    So, if someone is doing something illegal, regardless of the level of the offense, they automatically lose their right to privacy?

In that case, you're saying that if Erin Andrews had been illegally smoking weed when she was recorded taking off her clothes without her consent, then exposing that video to the public is ok.

Legend

User Info Menu

So, if someone is doing something illegal, regardless of the level of the offense, they automatically lose their right to privacy?

In that case, you're saying that if Erin Andrews had been illegally smoking weed when she was recorded taking off her clothes without her consent, then exposing that video to the public is ok.
    Nooo.. if the person who was illegally recording her were caught in the act of doing it and received a beat down , we’ll.....