Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 148

Thread: How to be Great Like the Patriots and not have Drama

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Will be interesting if this tape gets released or destroyed.

  2. #32
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Democrats have no shame? L O L

    The entire political system is a shame. All we do every 4 years is spend the entire time investigating and trashing the other side of the fence.
    Yeah. This isn’t a Dem vs GOP deal. It’s the super rich and how weird it is for this woman to have photos with so many rich old dudes?

  3. #33
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Robert Kraft’s lawyers file motion to suppress all evidence in solicitation case

    Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2019, 3:49 PM EDT

    Patriots owner Robert Kraft doesn’t want to do a deal that would dismiss pending charges of solicitation of prostitution in Florida. So he’s apparently going to fight the allegations.

    According to Ken Belson of the New York Times, Kraft’s lawyers have filed a motion to suppress all evidence in the case. Per the report, 14 others facing charges in the case have made the same request.

    The evidence includes secretly-recorded video at the day spa in Florida where sexual acts allegedly occurred.

    The fact that the motion to suppress attacks “all evidence” suggests that the threshold defense from Kraft and the 14 others will be that efforts to obtain evidence were unlawful. If, for example, the cameras recorded audio, Florida’s status as a so-called two-party state (i.e., all parties to a recorded conversation must be aware of the recording and consent to it), the recordings would violate the wiretapping laws.

    If, obviously, the entirety of the evidence were suppressed, there would be no case to be prosecuted.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/20/robert-krafts-lawyers-file-motion-to-suppress-all-evidence-in-solicitation-case/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The fact that the motion to suppress attacks “all evidence” suggests that the threshold defense from Kraft and the 14 others will be that efforts to obtain evidence were unlawful. If, for example, the cameras recorded audio, Florida’s status as a so-called two-party state (i.e., all parties to a recorded conversation must be aware of the recording and consent to it), the recordings would violate the wiretapping laws.
    That's kind've funny isn't it? The video is what's really embarrassing and is likely to be completely legal to have been recorded without all parties' consent.

    But the audio, which would be far less embarrassing, could end up being the part that violates wiretapping laws.

    Why is a "two-party" state limited to just audio? Why isn't video part of it?

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Only one reason to suppress all evidence.

    I’m sure he has enough money to stretch this out.

  6. #36
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That's kind've funny isn't it? The video is what's really embarrassing and is likely to be completely legal to have been recorded without all parties' consent.

    But the audio, which would be far less embarrassing, could end up being the part that violates wiretapping laws.

    Why is a "two-party" state limited to just audio? Why isn't video part of it?
    I can't wait until TMZ somehow gets a copy of it and releases it to the world. Causing him embarrassment to no end.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  7. #37
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I can't wait until TMZ somehow gets a copy of it and releases it to the world. Causing him embarrassment to no end.
    This is what I hope for.

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I can't wait until TMZ somehow gets a copy of it and releases it to the world. Causing him embarrassment to no end.
    Because it's from the cheaters, yeah, I get that people would like to see him/them embarrassed. But in general, I think it's wrong to show video evidence like this. People lost their minds when Erin Andrews' video was made public as it was a major violation of someone's privacy. But just because someone does something illegal (and we can argue all day on whether what he did should even be illegal and in many parts of the world, it isn't), I don't think it should automatically make that person fair game for such an enormous invasion of privacy.

  9. #39
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Because it's from the cheaters, yeah, I get that people would like to see him/them embarrassed. But in general, I think it's wrong to show video evidence like this. People lost their minds when Erin Andrews' video was made public as it was a major violation of someone's privacy. But just because someone does something illegal (and we can argue all day on whether what he did should even be illegal and in many parts of the world, it isn't), I don't think it should automatically make that person fair game for such an enormous invasion of privacy.
    He was breaking the laws in this country. Now we can argue on weather it should or shouldn't be illegal but the fact of the matter it is. And it is not an invasion of privacy if he's video taped doing something that IS breaking the law; a law that he knew of. So it wasn't done out of ignorance. And it's ground zero proof of him breaking the law.

    As a matter of fact, some states post the names of convicted "Johns" in the paper once they've been convicted. Why is Kraft any different?

    Imagine if you ran a red light, and there was one of those traffic light cameras taking a picture of you running the red light. And you come to court and say, " Your honor, I want the camera evidence suppressed because I'm embarrassed by it."

    That's exactly what's going on here.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-21-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He was breaking the laws in this country. Now we can argue on weather it should or shouldn't be illegal but the fact of the matter it is. And it is not an invasion of privacy if he's video taped doing something that IS breaking the law; a law that he knew of. So it wasn't done out of ignorance. And it's ground zero proof of him breaking the law.

    As a matter of fact, some states post the names of convicted "Johns" in the paper once they've been convicted. Why is Kraft any different?

    Imagine if you ran a red light, and there was one of those traffic light cameras taking a picture of you running the red light. And you come to court and say, " Your honor, I want the camera evidence suppressed because I'm embarrassed by it."

    That's exactly what's going on here.
    They aren't requesting that it be suppressed because it's embarrassing.

    They are arguing that it was collected illegalally. And it sounds like everyone charged is filing the same argument, so it's wouldn't just be for Kraft.

    It sucks if they "get off" because the evidence was illegal. But that is how the law works here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •