Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: The Ruthless Plan 1.0

  1. #51
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Can someone tell me why Ben Burr Kirven is never mentioned on this board?? Immediate Upgrade over Dirty Red.
    Projected 6th Round.
    Dirty Red should of been off this team. Too unauthentic.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  2. #52
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    He tested well at combine 40 4.56 3 cone 6.85 but I'm not so sure he will play lb at the next level he may be more productive as a hybrid box S. Tackles well but has physical limitations. League is going to hybrids so he may fit in well somewhere. Will he get drafted ? Perhaps but regardless he'll be at a camp and get a shot. Watched a little tape and not highlights n he does a bunch of stuff well once he recognizes the play. Bit slow on recognition imho but that can be improved upon. Is he an upgrade over Dirty Red ? IDK at the next level he'll need to take on 325lb guards which could be an issue. You can't run around blocks at next level all the time so that will be a large test for BBK.
    Speed and tackling ability should allow him to be productive on special teams. Like Red he'll need to perform there first in order to land a roster spot somewhere.
    Thanks Iron.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  3. #53
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Dirty Red should of been off this team. Too unauthentic.
    What the hell is calling a player unauthentic supposed to mean?

    I'm not picking on you, so don't get your panties in a bunch over it, but I literally have no idea what that is supposed to convey.

    What player quality makes someone authentic or not?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  4. #54
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    This message is hidden because RuthlessBurgher is on your ignore list.

    Remove user from ignore list
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-19-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  5. #55
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I made some minor tweaks to my current sig mock today:

    Plan A: Trade up to early 1st for ILB Devin White or TE T.J. Hockenson

    Plan B:
    1.20 CB Byron Murphy, Washington 5-11 189
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia 6-2 251
    3.66 S Darnell Savage, Maryland 5-11 198
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame 6-4 220
    4.122 ILB David Long, WVU 5-11 227
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama 6-4 308
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring, San Diego St 6-5 252
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack, Texas A&M 6-1 336
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo, Nebraska 5-11 222
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins, Clemson 6-3 305
    Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

    I had Savage to Pittsburgh at 52 in pen but I don't think he's going to fall that far anymore.

    https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

  6. #56
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What the hell is calling a player unauthentic supposed to mean?

    I'm not picking on you, so don't get your panties in a bunch over it, but I literally have no idea what that is supposed to convey.

    What player quality makes someone authentic or not?
    IDK Anyone????

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  7. #57
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What the hell is calling a player unauthentic supposed to mean?

    I'm not picking on you, so don't get your panties in a bunch over it, but I literally have no idea what that is supposed to convey.

    What player quality makes someone authentic or not?
    I think he means he's not a true redhead??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  8. #58
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I think he means he's not a true redhead??

  9. #59
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It's now officially draft week, so I'm putting out what I think should be my final mocks in pen rather than pencil (I suppose if some big news breaks between Monday and Thursday of this week, I might have to make some tweaks, but I'm hoping these are my last mocks for the 2019 draft season).

    I'm going with two mocks here, one if Devin White falls down to #8 or #9 and we are able to trade up with Detroit or Buffalo for him, and then another if we stay put and use all 10 of our picks as they currently stand. I'm also challenging myself to not use any of the same players. If I picked a guy in the stay-put mock, he's not eligible for the trade-up mock and vice versa. Just makes it more fun to add a bit more variety that way, I think.

    And although I had a mock earlier in which I chose multiple players from the same school within one mock (the infamous "Noah's Ark" edition), I'm also trying to not even use the same school more than once here. I was going to put Georgia center/guard prospect Lamont Gaillard in my trade-up mock, but I already had Georgia OLB D'Andre Walker in my stay-put mock, so I opted for Wisconsin guard Bean Benzschawel to be my later-round interior OL depth pick in that mock instead.

    Here goes...


    Option 1: Trade up with Detroit (1.8) or Buffalo (1.9) if ILB Devin White is still available there. Offer picks 1.20, 2.52, and a 3rd round pick in 2020.

    1.8 ILB Devin White, LSU 6-0 237
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 252
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 6-0 210
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss 6-4 254
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd, Texas 5-11 201
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss, UC Davis 6-3 212
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin 6-6 309
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte, Florida Atlantic 5-10 197
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

    Option 2: Stay put and pick 10 guys at our current draft positions

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy, Washington 5-11 189
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia 6-2 251
    3.66 S Darnell Savage, Maryland 5-11 198
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame 6-4 220
    4.122 ILB David Long, WVU 5-11 227
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama 6-4 308
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring, San Diego St 6-5 252
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack, Texas A&M 6-1 336
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo, Nebraska 5-11 222
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins, Clemson 6-3 305
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  10. #60
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's now officially draft week, so I'm putting out what I think should be my final mocks in pen rather than pencil (I suppose if some big news breaks between Monday and Thursday of this week, I might have to make some tweaks, but I'm hoping these are my last mocks for the 2019 draft season).

    I'm going with two mocks here, one if Devin White falls down to #8 or #9 and we are able to trade up with Detroit or Buffalo for him, and then another if we stay put and use all 10 of our picks as they currently stand. I'm also challenging myself to not use any of the same players. If I picked a guy in the stay-put mock, he's not eligible for the trade-up mock and vice versa. Just makes it more fun to add a bit more variety that way, I think.

    And although I had a mock earlier in which I chose multiple players from the same school within one mock (the infamous "Noah's Ark" edition), I'm also trying to not even use the same school more than once here. I was going to put Georgia center/guard prospect Lamont Gaillard in my trade-up mock, but I already had Georgia OLB D'Andre Walker in my stay-put mock, so I opted for Wisconsin guard Bean Benzschawel to be my later-round interior OL depth pick in that mock instead.

    Here goes...


    Option 1: Trade up with Detroit (1.8) or Buffalo (1.9) if ILB Devin White is still available there. Offer picks 1.20, 2.52, and a 3rd round pick in 2020.

    1.8 ILB Devin White, LSU 6-0 237
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 252
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 6-0 210
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss 6-4 254
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd, Texas 5-11 201
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss, UC Davis 6-3 212
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin 6-6 309
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte, Florida Atlantic 5-10 197
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

    Option 2: Stay put and pick 10 guys at our current draft positions

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy, Washington 5-11 189
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia 6-2 251
    3.66 S Darnell Savage, Maryland 5-11 198
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame 6-4 220
    4.122 ILB David Long, WVU 5-11 227
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama 6-4 308
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring, San Diego St 6-5 252
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack, Texas A&M 6-1 336
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo, Nebraska 5-11 222
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins, Clemson 6-3 305
    Love your Option 1. I would be thrilled if that is what happens

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •