Thread: The Ruthless Plan 1.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    1a) Hockenson
    1b) Bush
    3) Winovich/Hooker
    4) Boykin
    sorry, please explain again how we would be able to draft both Hockenson and Bush in the first round?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is an excellent ruthless plan
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    sorry, please explain again how we would be able to draft both Hockenson and Bush in the first round?

Aloha! Follow the thread it's Ruth's "plan A" to trade up with Seattle if Hockenson and Bush are still there at 20 and 21
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is an excellent ruthless plan
    Ha ha...Thanks MJG.

I just made the adjustment replacing Kelvin Harmon with Hakeem Butler as my 2nd round WR in my current mock, and then just noticed that I'd be getting 3 of my first 4 picks from the state of Iowa now.

That's such a large investment in a major corn-producing state that I'm almost contemplating going to a car dealership later to test drive a FlexFuel vehicle that runs on ethanol fuel.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFLDraftScout is finally back online, and I trust that site to give me somewhat reasonable expectations regarding where guys tend to come off the board. A few of the guys I had in my current sig mock I had apparently underrated by a few rounds at least (for instance, I suggested targeting CB Isaiah Johnson in round 5, but NFLDraftScout has a round 2-3 grade on him right now, and I suggested targeting RB Travis Homer in round 6, but NFLDraftScout has a round 3-4 grade on him right now). Therefore, I'm going to make an adjustment. Plus, I get to add a second David Long to my mock, which is always fun (the WVU LB and the Michigan CB with the same name). Plus, it's always fun to type Beau Benzschawel. Here's my latest mock:

1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa 6-5 251
    2.52 ILB Mack Wilson, Alabama 6-1 240
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 256
    3.83 WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa St. 6-5 227
    4.122 ILB David Long, West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 RB Miles Sanders, Penn St. 5-11 211
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair, Utah 6-1 195
    6.192 OG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin 6-6 309
    6.207 CB David Long, Michigan 5-11 196
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins, Clemson, 6-3 305
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    NFLDraftScout is finally back online, and I trust that site to give me somewhat reasonable expectations regarding where guys tend to come off the board. A few of the guys I had in my current sig mock I had apparently underrated by a few rounds at least (for instance, I suggested targeting CB Isaiah Johnson in round 5, but NFLDraftScout has a round 2-3 grade on him right now, and I suggested targeting RB Travis Homer in round 6, but NFLDraftScout has a round 3-4 grade on him right now). Therefore, I'm going to make an adjustment. Plus, I get to add a second David Long to my mock, which is always fun (the WVU LB and the Michigan CB with the same name). Plus, it's always fun to type Beau Benzschawel. Here's my latest mock:

1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa 6-5 251
    2.52 ILB Mack Wilson, Alabama 6-1 240
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan 6-3 256
    3.83 WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa St. 6-5 227
    4.122 ILB David Long, West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 RB Miles Sanders, Penn St. 5-11 211
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair, Utah 6-1 195
    6.192 OG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin 6-6 309
    6.207 CB David Long, Michigan 5-11 196
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins, Clemson, 6-3 305
    I am loving Hockenson there at 1.20 and 3.66Winovich, but I am sort of turned off or questioning Wilson. Not that I am an expert, but keep reading reports how he is bad tackler, and at times slow to process, ect. He doesn't sound like we would be upgrading ILB now, where as there are a few rawer players available in the later rounds ( Pratt, Tre Lemar). I am starting to think we will go for a safety in round 2, there seems to be good talent there. ( I kmow just like last year, we failed to grab an ILB so took another way to sure up our interior .)
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I am loving Hockenson there at 1.20 and 3.66Winovich, but I am sort of turned off or questioning Wilson. Not that I am an expert, but keep reading reports how he is bad tackler, and at times slow to process, ect. He doesn't sound like we would be upgrading ILB now, where as there are a few rawer players available in the later rounds ( Pratt, Tre Lemar). I am starting to think we will go for a safety in round 2, there seems to be good talent there. ( I kmow just like last year, we failed to grab an ILB so took another way to sure up our interior .)
    I wasn't in love with Mack Wilson when there was talk of taking him in round 1...I don't think he's enough of a difference maker for that (I think he would be overdrafted at #20). But he's solid enough in all aspects to be a value pick at a position of need if he falls down to #52. It probably won't happen...I could see him most likely coming off the board in the high-30's to mid-40's. I don't see him being a dynamic player like Shazier was, worthy of so high of a pick. I see him more in the mold of fellow Tide backer C.J. Mosley...solid at all aspects of the position without being particularly dominant at any aspect.

Pratt is interesting a former safety turned LB like Mark Barron. He could be a solid option for us in round 3. I'm looking at WVU's David Long in round 4 to play that type of role, developing under the tutelage of Barron for a few seasons while being a ST demon in the mean time.

I'm not a fan of Tre Lamar. He's strictly a 2-down LB, and we don't need any more of those types. He's more an old school LB type who could struggle in today's NFL. Too stiff for me.

There are several safeties who could be intriguing with our day two picks...Dionte Thompson, Taylor Rapp, Amani Hooker, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Johnathan Abram, Nassir Adderley, Juan Thornhill...some intriguing names for sure, and you can never have enough talented DB's.

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't done a full first round mock yet, so here goes.

I'll project 3 trades.

The first involves Arizona, because they'll need to unload Josh Rosen if they take Kyler Murray first overall. Multiple teams could be interested, including the Giants, Denver, Miami, Washington, etc., although those teams would likely only be willing to part with a day two pick since they all are picking somewhat early in round 1. The Cards certainly won't be able to recoup nearly what they invested to move up to get Rosen last year, but maybe they could get creative in order to get a 1st rounder back for him. New England traded away Garoppolo and don't have a young QB as an heir apparent to Brady, so they might be willing to part with the 32nd overall pick for Rosen and, say, Arizona's 3rd round pick. In this scenario, New England would no longer have a first round pick, but they could have their potential QB of the future and have two 2nd round picks and now four 3rd round picks in a draft with a great deal of quality depth in those 2 rounds.

Arizona gets: 1.32
    New England gets: Josh Rosen and 3.65

The second trade involves the Giants leapfrogging the Raiders into the top 3 for QB Dwayne Haskins. Pat Mahomes backed up Alex Smith as a rookie, and Haskins and Eli could have the same type of learning relationship for one season as well. The Jets don't have a 2nd round pick after trading it last year in their move up for Darnold. The two Meadowlands teams could get together to switch spots from #6 to #3 in exchange for the Giant's 2nd and 4th round picks in this draft. The Giants get their QB of the future and still keep their other first round pick they got in the OBJ trade (maybe use that pick to get another athletic freak wideout), and the Jets recoup a 2nd round pick plus a 4th rounder and should still be able to get a top notch edge rusher at #6 overall.

Giants get: 1.3
    Jets get: 1.6, 2.37, & 4.108

My last trade involves our Steelers bold move up into the top 10 for Devin White. Buffalo seemed to be willing to swap spots with us in round 1 during the AB trade talks, so maybe they'd be willing to make that move down in exchange for the two picks that we ultimately got from Oakland in the AB trade, plus another 3rd rounder in 2020 as well (since we apparently are still expected to receive a 3rd round comp for Bell next year, we can afford to trade our regular 3rd round pick in 2020 now to get a truly impactful defensive stud). Buffalo could really use help along the o-line, and if they took one at #9, it might be a slight reach, but they should still be able to land a very solid o-lineman at #20 while adding picks both this year and next to fill a few of their many needs.

Pittsburgh gets: 1.9
    Buffalo gets: 1.20, 3.66, 5.141, & a 3rd rounder in 2020

On to the picks:

1. ARZ QB Kyler Murray
    2. SF EDGE Nick Bosa
    3. NYG QB Dwayne Haskins
    4. OAK DT Quinnen Williams
    5. TB EDGE Josh Allen
    6. NYJ EDGE Montez Sweat
    7. JAX OT Jawaan Taylor
    8. DET EDGE Rashan Gary
    9. PIT LB Devin White
    10. DEN QB Drew Lock
    11. CIN TE Noah Fant
    12. GB EDGE Clelin Ferrell
    13. MIA DT Ed Oliver
    14. ATL DT Christian Wilkins
    15. WAS QB Daniel Jones
    16. CAR OT Jonah Williams
    17. NYG WR D.K. Metcalf
    18. MIN OT Andre Dillard
    19. TEN TE T.J. Hockenson
    20. BUF OT Cody Ford
    21. SEA CB Greedy Williams
    22. BAL LB Devin Bush
    23. HOU CB Byron Murphy
    24. OAK EDGE Brian Burns
    25. PHI RB Josh Jacobs
    26. IND CB DeAndre Baker
    27. OAK WR Marquise Brown
    28. LAC DT Dexter Lawrence
    29. KC WR A.J. Brown
    30. GB TE Irv Smith
    31. LAR DT Jeffrey Simmons
    32. ARZ WR N'Keal Harry

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I haven't done a full first round mock yet, so here goes.

I'll project 3 trades.

The first involves Arizona, because they'll need to unload Josh Rosen if they take Kyler Murray first overall. Multiple teams could be interested, including the Giants, Denver, Miami, Washington, etc., although those teams would likely only be willing to part with a day two pick since they all are picking somewhat early in round 1. The Cards certainly won't be able to recoup nearly what they invested to move up to get Rosen last year, but maybe they could get creative in order to get a 1st rounder back for him. New England traded away Garoppolo and don't have a young QB as an heir apparent to Brady, so they might be willing to part with the 32nd overall pick for Rosen and, say, Arizona's 3rd round pick. In this scenario, New England would no longer have a first round pick, but they could have their potential QB of the future and have two 2nd round picks and now four 3rd round picks in a draft with a great deal of quality depth in those 2 rounds.

Arizona gets: 1.32
    New England gets: Josh Rosen and 3.65

The second trade involves the Giants leapfrogging the Raiders into the top 3 for QB Dwayne Haskins. Pat Mahomes backed up Alex Smith as a rookie, and Haskins and Eli could have the same type of learning relationship for one season as well. The Jets don't have a 2nd round pick after trading it last year in their move up for Darnold. The two Meadowlands teams could get together to switch spots from #6 to #3 in exchange for the Giant's 2nd and 4th round picks in this draft. The Giants get their QB of the future and still keep their other first round pick they got in the OBJ trade (maybe use that pick to get another athletic freak wideout), and the Jets recoup a 2nd round pick plus a 4th rounder and should still be able to get a top notch edge rusher at #6 overall.

Giants get: 1.3
    Jets get: 1.6, 2.37, & 4.108

My last trade involves our Steelers bold move up into the top 10 for Devin White. Buffalo seemed to be willing to swap spots with us in round 1 during the AB trade talks, so maybe they'd be willing to make that move down in exchange for the two picks that we ultimately got from Oakland in the AB trade, plus another 3rd rounder in 2020 as well (since we apparently are still expected to receive a 3rd round comp for Bell next year, we can afford to trade our regular 3rd round pick in 2020 now to get a truly impactful defensive stud). Buffalo could really use help along the o-line, and if they took one at #9, it might be a slight reach, but they should still be able to land a very solid o-lineman at #20 while adding picks both this year and next to fill a few of their many needs.

Pittsburgh gets: 1.9
    Buffalo gets: 1.20, 3.66, 5.141, & a 3rd rounder in 2020

On to the picks:

1. ARZ QB Kyler Murray
    2. SF EDGE Nick Bosa
    3. NYG QB Dwayne Haskins
    4. OAK DT Quinnen Williams
    5. TB EDGE Josh Allen
    6. NYJ EDGE Montez Sweat
    7. JAX OT Jawaan Taylor
    8. DET EDGE Rashan Gary
    9. PIT LB Devin White
    10. DEN QB Drew Lock
    11. CIN TE Noah Fant
    12. GB EDGE Clelin Ferrell
    13. MIA DT Ed Oliver
    14. ATL DT Christian Wilkins
    15. WAS QB Daniel Jones
    16. CAR OT Jonah Williams
    17. NYG WR D.K. Metcalf
    18. MIN OT Andre Dillard
    19. TEN TE T.J. Hockenson
    20. BUF OT Cody Ford
    21. SEA CB Greedy Williams
    22. BAL LB Devin Bush
    23. HOU CB Byron Murphy
    24. OAK EDGE Brian Burns
    25. PHI RB Josh Jacobs
    26. IND CB DeAndre Baker
    27. OAK WR Marquise Brown
    28. LAC DT Dexter Lawrence
    29. KC WR A.J. Brown
    30. GB TE Irv Smith
    31. LAR DT Jeffrey Simmons
    32. ARZ WR N'Keal Harry
    IF we were able to pull that off I would go nuts, BUT seeing you mock Bush at 22 and then Burns at 24!

I think I would prefer to draft Bush and then trade up for Burns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Somewhat Realistic but I'm getting more than a 2nd round pick from the Niners - I want their 2nd and their 5th.
    you'll take Oakland's 3rd and 5th and learn to like it