Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Switzer Says Critics are wrong about Ben Roethlisberger

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Switzer Says Critics are wrong about Ben Roethlisberger

https://steelerstakeaways.com/report...SRWshgvyRWn6YU

Report: Ryan Switzer Says Critics are wrong about Ben Roethlisberger.

POSTED ON FEBRUARY 17, 2019

In an exclusive with Steelers receiver and kick returner Ryan Switzer, he talks about a number of things, and below, shares his thoughts and experiences showing why Ben critics are wrong:[/I]
    Itís funny. Ben takes a lot of heat. As a young dude I see all of it. No one says anything about the good things he does though. You see them bashing him on First Take and all. But my experience is the opposite. Hey-Bey reached out to me with the doís and doníts of the team. I owe him a lot. But Ben jump-started my career.

How so?

Well as an example. I got there two days before the season started and before the last preseason game. Look at it from his perspective. Hereís a guy who won two Super Bowls and is a future Hall of Fame quarterback. He sees this young kid come in who was traded twice before the season come there.
    But on the sidelines of that preseason game, he sat with me going through film on the iPad. He knew me what, two days. But just off the bat Ė to do that made me feel good.
    I grew up watching the legend of Ben Roethlisberger. When my wife got into a car accident Ė it wasnít serious Ė but Ben reached out to me. He got my cell and called me to make sure she was ok. Iím not saying he took me under his wing, but he did a lot of good. I owe him for not throwing me to the waste side. He gave me a chance to earn his trust.

And AB?

I have nothing but good things to say about AB. He gave me a signed game-day jersey for my man cave. Thatís a legendary shirt. My kids will see that Ė and their kids. I wish him the best whatever happens.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

that's how you get more balls thrown your way!

Legend

User Info Menu

Next thing will be Ben is a racist..
    Just watch, it's coming
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    https://steelerstakeaways.com/report...SRWshgvyRWn6YU

Report: Ryan Switzer Says Critics are wrong about Ben Roethlisberger.

POSTED ON FEBRUARY 17, 2019

In an exclusive with Steelers receiver and kick returner Ryan Switzer, he talks about a number of things, and below, shares his thoughts and experiences showing why Ben critics are wrong:[/I]
    It’s funny. Ben takes a lot of heat. As a young dude I see all of it. No one says anything about the good things he does though. You see them bashing him on First Take and all. But my experience is the opposite. Hey-Bey reached out to me with the do’s and don’ts of the team. I owe him a lot. But Ben jump-started my career.

How so?

Well as an example. I got there two days before the season started and before the last preseason game. Look at it from his perspective. Here’s a guy who won two Super Bowls and is a future Hall of Fame quarterback. He sees this young kid come in who was traded twice before the season come there.
    But on the sidelines of that preseason game, he sat with me going through film on the iPad. He knew me what, two days. But just off the bat – to do that made me feel good.
    I grew up watching the legend of Ben Roethlisberger. When my wife got into a car accident – it wasn’t serious – but Ben reached out to me. He got my cell and called me to make sure she was ok. I’m not saying he took me under his wing, but he did a lot of good. I owe him for not throwing me to the waste side. He gave me a chance to earn his trust.

And AB?

I have nothing but good things to say about AB. He gave me a signed game-day jersey for my man cave. That’s a legendary shirt. My kids will see that – and their kids. I wish him the best whatever happens.
    Nice to hear a good leadership story about Ben.

And AB is great at signing his name.

Legend

User Info Menu

I tell you, Ben started out shaky. I’ll be the first to admit that. But he’s been fine ever since. But people will never let you rehabilitate in this country... no matter how hard you try. Once you do something wrong, your forever chastised no matter how many good works you do after the fact. What Ben did for Switzer, he didn’t have to but that’s what leaders do.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Ben tries to do the right thing most of the time... but his personality just sucks lol.

If what happened with AB is true (get that guy off the field for running the wrong route).... that was uncalled for. Everybody knows that AB is a loose cannon. Why say something knowing its going to set him off?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I tell you, Ben started out shaky. Iíll be the first to admit that. But heís been fine ever since. But people will never let you rehabilitate in this country... no matter how hard you try. Once you do something wrong, your forever chastised no matter how many good works you do after the fact. What Ben did for Switzer, he didnít have to but thatís what leaders do.
    People who think Ben raped a girl are unlikely to be swayed by Ben going over plays on the ipad with Switzer. You can only change the things that you are going to do, you can't change the things you already did, it doesnt matter how many "good works" you do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kudos to Switz, the high road is always the better road taken....
    Something AB had never really learned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kudos to Switz, the high road is always the better road taken....
    Something AB had never really learned.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    People who think Ben raped a girl are unlikely to be swayed by Ben going over plays on the ipad with Switzer. You can only change the things that you are going to do, you can't change the things you already did, it doesnt matter how many "good works" you do.
    People, and especially high-profile media people, are very hypocritical in what or who they choose to forgive (or not forgive). Ray Lewis is charged with two counts of murder, strikes a plea deal to admit guilt to obstruction of justice, and comes out smelling like a rose, hailed as a media darling. A woman charges Peyton Manning with sexual assault (with a case more credible than either of those levied against Roethlisberger), but the story doesn't get a lot of "traction" and he becomes a media and endorsement superstar. Ben is accused of, but never charged with, rape, and he's perpetually regarded as a bad guy.

Earlier in the season, AB calls out his QB ("You have to have someone throw you the ball"), and virtually no one in the media chastises him for it, but Ben gets hammered in the media for pointing out AB's mistake following the Denver game. Look, I don't think calling out teammates in the media is a good idea, and I wish Ben wouldn't/didn't do it, but let's not pretend that nobody else has ever done it. I can remember Peyton Manning, after a game, throwing his OL under the bus. Early in the season, after his team fell a couple of TDs behind the Jaguars, Tom Brady was repeatedly, in front of the TV cameras, caught screaming at various teammates (not at himself) because they weren't doing their jobs. It's "perfect leadership" when those guys do it, but if Ben does it, it's "another example of his bad leadership."