Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown faults Mike Tomlin for telling Steelers he quit

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown faults Mike Tomlin for telling Steelers he quit

Antonio Brown faults Mike Tomlin for telling Steelers he quit

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2019

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is continuing to mix it up with fans on Twitter, and he suggested in one tweet that he holds coach Mike Tomlin accountable for the perception that Brown quit on the team before their final game of the season.

Responding to a fan who accused him of showing by sitting out the final game of the season that he doesn’t really love football, Brown wrote that Tomlin telling the Steelers he quit on them made him out to be the bad guy.

“After the coach tell the team I quit while nursing some bumps then invite me to watch the show with same guys thinking I quit i can not stand with that! I’m the bad guy doe we miss post season think about it,” Brown wrote.

Not exactly the clearest form of communication, but the general impression from Brown’s tweet is that he thinks Tomlin made him the fall guy. Brown doesn’t seem to be trying to endear himself to his coach, perhaps because he’s committed to playing for someone else this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...elers-he-quit/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

None of what AB is saying makes sense.

Your main beef is with Ben, because he has an "owner mentality," and calls guys out? So the way you respond to that is to forego the MRI you agreed to take, stay away from team meetings and not return your coach's calls in advance of the week 17 game, and then have your agent call the coach the morning of game day to tell him you're now ready to play?

You fault Tomlin for telling the team you quit, when you're the one who blew him off in every possible way leading up to that game, giving all indications that you had indeed bailed on them?

You're crying about not getting proper respect from Ben, Tomlin, and perhaps the organization, and your way of dealing with it is to disrespect your teammates by behaving the way you did in week 17?

You say you only care about winning and you play for the love of the game, but you fail to be there for your team in what could have been a must-win situation?

You had these simmering resentments against your QB and your HC, but they didn't boil over until your teammates voted JuJu team MVP?

Ridiculous. Yet I know we're going to hear a bunch of talking heads trying to absolve poor misunderstood and abused Antonio in this situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gerry Dulac nails it:

Verified account

@gerrydulac
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    I see Antonio Brown still mad because Ben Roethlisberger made the offense run a play again after someone we know ran the wrong route in walk-thru practice. Yeah, shameful. How dare he.

Quote:
    Gerry Dulac

Verified account

@gerrydulac
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    And Antonio Brown mad at Mike Tomlin cause he told the team that AB quit on them after AB QUIT ON THEM!!! How dare he.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Gerry Dulac nails it:

Verified account

@gerrydulac
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    I see Antonio Brown still mad because Ben Roethlisberger made the offense run a play again after someone we know ran the wrong route in walk-thru practice. Yeah, shameful. How dare he.

Quote:
    Gerry Dulac

Verified account

@gerrydulac
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    And Antonio Brown mad at Mike Tomlin cause he told the team that AB quit on them after AB QUIT ON THEM!!! How dare he.
    Lots of truth in there.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is all on AB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB hasn't handled this very well, kudos to Mike Tomlin and Rooney for being the adults in the room.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    AB hasn't handled this very well
    I think that’s a massive understatement!

Just when you think AB couldn’t be more of a T.O.-like a$$clown, he takes it to another level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    This is all on AB.
    C'mon its always Tomlin's fault.

Legend

User Info Menu

AB needs to man up and take responsibility for his own actions, and stop blaming everyone else.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    None of what AB is saying makes sense.

Your main beef is with Ben, because he has an "owner mentality," and calls guys out? So the way you respond to that is to forego the MRI you agreed to take, stay away from team meetings and not return your coach's calls in advance of the week 17 game, and then have your agent call the coach the morning of game day to tell him you're now ready to play?

You fault Tomlin for telling the team you quit, when you're the one who blew him off in every possible way leading up to that game, giving all indications that you had indeed bailed on them?

You're crying about not getting proper respect from Ben, Tomlin, and perhaps the organization, and your way of dealing with it is to disrespect your teammates by behaving the way you did in week 17?

You say you only care about winning and you play for the love of the game, but you fail to be there for your team in what could have been a must-win situation?

You had these simmering resentments against your QB and your HC, but they didn't boil over until your teammates voted JuJu team MVP?

Ridiculous. Yet I know we're going to hear a bunch of talking heads trying to absolve poor misunderstood and abused Antonio in this situation.
    AB grasping at straws. If your mad at Ben, you quit on the team? Because he did quit; that’s exactly what he did.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.