Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if....

Legend

User Info Menu

What if....

What if, during the much debated topic of ‘who the Steelers should have paid’ between Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, way back when, the Steelers bet on the wrong horse?

If we can kind of agree that Ben makes WR’s better, what if the Steelers should have, in fact, put their money on....Manny Sanders?
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did you just hacked my account/PC? I was just looking through my profile and messages and I saw this old message titiled, "I am starting to love Sanders, just how I did Wallace"

I always liked Sanders and at the time my favorite "young money crew", but he was too injury prone, and wasn't let to test FA. I think we had Ward, Wallace, Wheaton, and Brown

Check this out:

.https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...have-the-money
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Did you just hacked my account/PC? I was just looking through my profile and messages and I saw this old message titiled, "I am starting to love Sanders, just how I did Wallace"

I always liked Sanders and at the time my favorite "young money crew", but he was too injury prone, and wasn't let to test FA. I think we had Ward, Wallace, Wheaton, and Brown

Check this out:

.https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...have-the-money
    I'd love to have the time and energy to go back and pull up the old Manny Sanders threads...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What if, during the much debated topic of ‘who the Steelers should have paid’ between Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, way back when, the Steelers bet on the wrong horse?

If we can kind of agree that Ben makes WR’s better, what if the Steelers should have, in fact, put their money on....Manny Sanders?
    But at this point both Wallace and Brown have had better careers and if you look at Browns numbers it's not even close.

Legend

User Info Menu

By comparison, Brown had Ben his whole career. Sanders had a declining Payton Manning and....what?
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    By comparison, Brown had Ben his whole career. Sanders had a declining Payton Manning and....what?
    Mike Wallace didn't have Ben his whole career and his numbers are still better than Manny's. Brown has almost double the production of Manny Sanders, I can't believe if we kept sanders the stats would be flip flopped, Brown is just more talented.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallaces' numbers are barely better than Sanders'
    Just looked it up because you sometimes talk out of your @ss...LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wallaces' numbers are barely better than Sanders'
    Just looked it up because you sometimes talk out of your @ss...LOL
    how did I talk out my ass Wallace's numbers are better than Sanders, that's exactly what I said.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Mike Wallace didn't have Ben his whole career and his numbers are still better than Manny's. Brown has almost double the production of Manny Sanders, I can't believe if we kept sanders the stats would be flip flopped, Brown is just more talented.
    I think its fair to ask what AB would have if he had guys like Brock Osweiller, Case Kennum, etc throwing to him.

Here's a fun fact that will surprise some folks... guess how many career TD passes AB has caught from QB's not named Ben? The answer is ZERO. That speaks volumes considering Ben has missed considerable time the last 9 years.

I agree that Brown is more talented... but he is also the most targeted WR in the league.
    Last edited by Ernie; 02-16-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I think its fair to ask what AB would have if he had guys like Brock Osweiller, Case Kennum, etc throwing to him.

Here's a fun fact that will surprise some folks... guess how many career TD passes AB has caught from QB's not named Ben? The answer is ZERO. That speaks volumes considering Ben has missed considerable time the last 9 years.

I agree that Brown is more talented... but he is also the most targeted WR in the league.
    It doesnt meanthat Sanders has Browns career if he stayed in Pitt instead of Brown.