So who are the front runners?

SF- need wr, cap space, toe tapping under table
    Jets- need wr, cap space
    Miami- new regime, hometown
    Buffalo- need wr , cap space
    Oakland- need wr, cap space, has the draft picks
    AZ- need wr
    Washington- need wr and willing to pay big $$ for star FA
    Houston- cap space, would make a deadly O, they have 2- 3rd rounders and a young WR in Coutee that can take top off any D.

LA Rams-trade straight up for Woods or Cook?

I am still convinced that SF and the Steelers have already started discussing ( or have agreed) about AB behind closed doors. It has been a month now, I am sure they have talked. I think they are just waiting on certain factors:

1) If AB has change of heart and comes back on knees to Steelers.
    2) SF to work out a trade down in the draft to acquire more draft picks. We might not get a first directly, but with multipe 2nd and 3rd rounds we can trade up in the 1st.
    3) We are being patient to see if Gruden is going to cockblock the deal, and offer us a 1st.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2019, 5:56 AM EST

Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson has been making eyes at Antonio Brown, the wide receiver the Steelers are expected to trade soon. The oddsmakers have noticed.

When one sports books put odds on the team Brown will play for in Week One, the Cardinals were first, at +450 odds.

Other teams listed as potential Brown landing spots were the 49ers and Dolphins at +550, Packers and Colts at +700 and Raiders at +900.

The odds of the Steelers keeping Brown are at +500.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/15/cardinals-listed-as-favorites-to-land-antonio-brown/
    Trade 1.20, 3.66, 5.141, & a 3rd round pick in 2020 to BUF for 1.9

1.9 ILB Devin White
    2.52 WR Kelvin Harmon
    3.83 OLB Chase Winovich
    4.122 TE Josh Oliver
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair
    6.192 RB Travis Homer
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

Trade 2.52, 3.66, 3.83, & 5.141 to SEA for 1.21 & 4.124

1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson
    1.21 ILB Devin Bush
    4.122 OLB Christian Miller
    4.124 WR David Sills
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair
    6.192 RB Travis Homer
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    So who are the front runners?

SF- need wr, cap space, toe tapping under table
    Jets- need wr, cap space
    Miami- new regime, hometown
    Buffalo- need wr , cap space
    Oakland- need wr, cap space, has the draft picks
    AZ- need wr
    Washington- need wr and willing to pay big $$ for star FA
    Houston- cap space, would make a deadly O, they have 2- 3rd rounders and a young WR in Coutee that can take top off any D.

LA Rams-trade straight up for Woods or Cook?

I am still convinced that SF and the Steelers have already started discussing ( or have agreed) about AB behind closed doors. It has been a month now, I am sure they have talked. I think they are just waiting on certain factors:

1) If AB has change of heart and comes back on knees to Steelers.
    2) SF to work out a trade down in the draft to acquire more draft picks. We might not get a first directly, but with multipe 2nd and 3rd rounds we can trade up in the 1st.
    3) We are being patient to see if Gruden is going to cockblock the deal, and offer us a 1st.
    My thoughts on the teams you listed:

SF--high probability
    Jets--have the resources but may not want to "contaminate" or screw up Darnold's head with AB's attitude. IMO more likely destination for Bell
    Miami--don't have the resources we would want
    Buffalo--see Jets WRT young QB. Would love exchange of AB for Edmunds to plug in at ILB
    Oakland--50/50. I have to wonder if Gruden wants to build from scratch versus having AB consume his cap resource. He may also feel the Steelers burnt him once already with Bryant
    Arizona--Less than 50/50. New coach who is already under scrutiny for getting the job doesn't need to deal with a head case like AB
    Washington--a lot less than 50/50. While Snyder likes to make a splash, what could they really offer if competing with other candidates
    Houston--they already have a WR better than AB in Hopkins. Would be an incompatible combination where one gets hurt feelings and an attitude. Again, Bell more likely here.

I would add the following, but don't know their cap situation:
    New Orleans--load up for one last run for Brees. Their WRs aren't special.
    Dallas--J Jones is an attention whore and while they got Cooper, who knows if he slips back into his mediocre phase. May not work because resigning Prescott will make them cash strapped
    Seattle--no one mentions them, but gawd...sooner or later they need to get Russell Wilson some help or they are going to waste his career. Coach is also a "players coach" who has had success with head cases
    Green Bay--need offensive help to not waste the tail end of Rodgers' career. Also could see Bell in play here

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I think the odds of him being traded are probably greater than 50 / 50, I think the team he's most likely with at the beginning of the season wears Black and Gold and plays in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    While I think the odds of him being traded are probably greater than 50 / 50, I think the team he's most likely with at the beginning of the season wears Black and Gold and plays in Pittsburgh.
    I wouldn’t be surprised. They’re not going to give AB away and I expect the organization to play hardball in trade negotiations. As they should...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=RuthlessBurgher;754290]Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 15, 2019, 5:56 AM EST

HMMM, could it be AZ trading down gathering more picks...

And the tweets by Peterson " call me" or from the honeybadger, "I am playing were you play"

What if Brown is fooling us all and they all sign with Pittsbugh! Yeah right...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

How about AB to Denver for Shaq Barrett, LB and a draft pick. Barrett is being under utilized since they draft Chubb

We get a pass rushing asset. AB gets together again with Manny Sanders who is dealing with injury issues. They really don't have another top WR and their new QB (Flacco) would have a target to throw to. After the Flacco trade, Denver will still have about $25M in cap space and could likely create more space with some renegotiations.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-15-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Art flew to Florida to try to meet with AB, but the diva blew him off.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/ra...art-rooney-ii/

That seals the deal that he won't be retained, IMO.

I hope they sue the turd and recover a big part of the signing bonus they paid him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lots of good points about what direction AB could be headed. To me IDK who he ends up with but because his trade value has taken a hit I'm just glad this draft is NOT strong at wr or things could be much worse.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hypothetical.....AB and Bell package deal to the packers.....Aaron Rodgers would be in hog heaven lll