Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: AB officially asks for trade

Legend

User Info Menu

Where's the "Keep AB" crowd?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I wonder if people that had Tomlin as more to blame than Ben are rethinking that stance. I'd think there would have to be pretty bad blood for him to like comments about Ben being a rapist.

Maybe Tomlin's more like Phil Jackson, holding together elite athletes that hate each other?
    Shame on you for mentioning MT and Phil Jackson in the same sentence lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1096...736881152?s=20

He's getting blasted in the replies. I hope he reads them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown explains his disconnect with Ben Roethlisberger
    By Mike Florio | Feb 16, 2019, 1:49 PM EST

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has removed from his list of Twitter “likes” one of the two tweets referring to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s history of off-field issues. Brown has replaced that with a tweet that addresses the basis for the apparent hostility between the two men.

“No conflict just a matter of respect!” Brown said in response to a fan who asked Brown to explain the basis for his conflict with the quarterback. “Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches. Players know but they can’t say anything about it otherwise they meal ticket gone. It’s a dirty game within a game.”

The tweet from Brown starts off in a seemingly positive way, but it quickly turns. Brown perceives a lack of respect in Roethlisberger’s willingness to publicly call out teammates, given that they can’t do the same. And Brown clearly views that hypocrisy as “dirty.”

This development underscores the folly of any football player seeing fit to talk openly about the actual or perceived shortcomings of a teammate. While much of what has transpired in Pittsburgh is the fault of Brown himself, Roethlisberger’s approach to coworkers has given Brown something that he views as a legitimate basis for wanting a new workplace.

The tweet from Brown is the first of what apparently will be 10 answers from the player aimed at disseminating “real truth and real facts.” He’s answering them slowly for now, probably because it’s taking too long to sift through the many sarcastic and mean-spirited responses he surely has received.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Antonio Brown explains his disconnect with Ben Roethlisberger
    By Mike Florio | Feb 16, 2019, 1:49 PM EST

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has removed from his list of Twitter “likes” one of the two tweets referring to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s history of off-field issues. Brown has replaced that with a tweet that addresses the basis for the apparent hostility between the two men.

“No conflict just a matter of respect!” Brown said in response to a fan who asked Brown to explain the basis for his conflict with the quarterback. “Mutual respect! He has a owner mentality like he can call out anybody including coaches. Players know but they can’t say anything about it otherwise they meal ticket gone. It’s a dirty game within a game.”

The tweet from Brown starts off in a seemingly positive way, but it quickly turns. Brown perceives a lack of respect in Roethlisberger’s willingness to publicly call out teammates, given that they can’t do the same. And Brown clearly views that hypocrisy as “dirty.”

This development underscores the folly of any football player seeing fit to talk openly about the actual or perceived shortcomings of a teammate. While much of what has transpired in Pittsburgh is the fault of Brown himself, Roethlisberger’s approach to coworkers has given Brown something that he views as a legitimate basis for wanting a new workplace.

The tweet from Brown is the first of what apparently will be 10 answers from the player aimed at disseminating “real truth and real facts.” He’s answering them slowly for now, probably because it’s taking too long to sift through the many sarcastic and mean-spirited responses he surely has received.

Sheesh, this article needs its own thread.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

I read the article. And AB is crazy as a bed bug. What elite qb doesn’t call out players??? Rodgers yells at guys, Brady yells at guys, Brees yells at guys.... that’s what QBs do if your not doing your job. What does he expect?
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

And what does he mean that players can’t call out Ben??? Did he not see Hines Ward get in Ben’s a$$???
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I read the article. And AB is crazy as a bed bug. What elite qb doesn’t call out players??? Rodgers yells at guys, Brady yells at guys, Brees yells at guys.... that’s what QBs do if your not doing your job. What does he expect?
    I agree that AB is crazy.

But, I also think he's referring to the radio show as opposed to calling out on the field in games or practice. It's hard to tell though, because he doesn't make sense most of the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

When Ben is wrong on something significant , it is Tomlin’s job to say something to Ben. Weather he does it privately or publicly is open for debate. But also, if your a player and the qb is messing up badly, you should be able to say something to him.. but I’d do it privately. But by Ben calling out a player on his radio show, and that bothered Brown enough to act like this??? Then if it bothered him so, what was wrong with having a private conversation with Tomlin and Ben about it?? And putting it to bed?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe AB should just run the correct route and stop acting like a bltch
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.