Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: AB officially asks for trade

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    AB is running his mouth trying to lower his stock in hopes that the Steelers can’t trade him, Hoping that they will cut him so he can work his own deal with whoever he wants.

I have to agree on this up to a point. It's common sense logic to people who think straight. However, he isn't thinking straight. His tweets are not even coherent at times. Look at the obscene bonus of $147,000+ dollars he receives every damned week this upcoming season (I can't even imagine getting one of those payouts in my checking account, let alone 17 of them). This kind of money corrupts, absolutely. His ego (perhaps some drugs?) may possibly be doing all of this talking. At this point, who the hell knows....

The one thing I do know? I can't wait until his blonde mustache wearing ass hits the road.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    AB is running his mouth trying to lower his stock in hopes that the Steelers canít trade him, Hoping that they will cut him so he can work his own deal with whoever he wants.
    The way AB thinks is totally different than how the real world thinks. There is absolutely no chance that the Steelers cut him so all heís doing is screwing himself...and heís doing a mighty fine job.

Starter

User Info Menu

Few thought it possible, but Brown managed to out-scumbaggitize Lev Bell.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I have to agree on this up to a point. It's common sense logic to people who think straight. However, he isn't thinking straight. His tweets are not even coherent at times.
    That's my whole point about this guy right now.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The way AB thinks is totally different than how the real world thinks. There is absolutely no chance that the Steelers cut him so all he’s doing is screwing himself...and he’s doing a mighty fine job.
    No way we cut him. We just let one asset go for nothing. And that stings right now as well.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Few thought it possible, but Brown managed to out-scumbaggitize Lev Bell.

Did you see the story where the Jets are not really interested in him now? They are going in the direction of Ingram or Hyde. Jets don't like the price tag.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peter King is saying AB to Oakland for their 27th overall - and could happen this week.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Peter King is saying AB to Oakland for their 27th overall - and could happen this week.
    I would think that would be about the best offer we could expect. I make that trade in a nanosecond. If we save the 2.5 large that would be nice too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sold! To the man down front who looks like a doll from an 80's horror movie!

And it makes sense to do it now, since Gruden's going to have a busy summer with the new Child's Play reboot coming in June.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be nice to put this to bed this week.