Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Steelers

Rookie

User Info Menu

State of the Steelers

The state of the Steelers is good.
    I have been a lurker for a long time. My username lets you know how long I have been a steeler fan. The only problem with the Steelers is that Mike Tomlin thinks he is Marvin Lewis. The Mgmt. knew Antonio Brown was a potential problem when they drafted him. He had character issues from the beginning. They picked up Lagarette Blunt. How stupid was that. Obviously this Burnett guy is worthless. Bell is smoking blunts on the way to the team flight and it is in broad daylight at a redlight and he winds the window down. Come on they should have gotten rid of him ASAP then. You can't have people on your team like this. Why did they keep these kinds of guys? You tell me.
    Back to my original statement. I believe the Steelers have learned their lesson. We will get rid of the cancers and move forward through traditional team football. No more experimenting with players who don't buy in to the team. Another thing young people, the QB is the most important part of the team. We were in QB waste land from Terry B to Big Ben. QBs have big heads. Live with it as long as they are team players. Big Ben is a team player, barring injury he will get us where we need to go if we can get an ILB and a competent 2nd corner.
    Lastly, Antonio Brown is on the downside and he knew it. JuJu is better. He has got a bigger catch radius and his football speed is as good as Antonio's. How many toe tappers did AB have in 2018. Most of Big Ben's ints were forced to AB. Check the stats. How many of AB's catches were screens in comparison to previous years. I know about the >20 yard catches but who was double covered on those plays? Review the record. AB demanded new guarantees because he knows he's dropping off. He wants to get his for sure. He will not be the AB we know, perhaps as soon as this year but for sure by next. Mark it down.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Thank You.
    I check this site out all the time and I got pissed off about all the negative crap on here about Colbert and Tomlin and this deal. We should be happy that some one was willing to take AB off our hands.The only problem with Tomlin is he is too soft but he will change now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AB isn’t on the downside. He led the league in TD’s last year.

The problem is our FO rolled his money over to make him happy, clear cap space and it backfired on us.

It’s going to be real hard to draft high character elite guys who buy in once it’s time to get paid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Planet

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard buzznuter!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers should have traded AB back in 2013 when he started to excel. They would have gotten a 1st for him then. They should have traded Bell earlier. These guys were character problems. You trade them before everybody knows their character. Maybe that's the Patriot way

Legend

User Info Menu

The state of the Steelers is our culture is soft and undisciplined. That’s why AB,Bell and Ben were able to do what they do. The question
    is how is Tomlin/ Colbert going to change the culture and environment of this team going forward.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Thank You.
    I check this site out all the time and I got pissed off about all the negative crap on here about Colbert and Tomlin and this deal. We should be happy that some one was willing to take AB off our hands.The only problem with Tomlin is he is too soft but he will change now.
    Welcome. Unfortunately you will get a heavy dose of negativity and hate.

It will be nice to have another positive voice

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

More JUJU's/AV's and Less AB's/LB's
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!