Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kareem Hunt

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure how indignant we can get as fans - Michael Vick was a Pittsburgh Steeler. Hard to not get into a hypocrisy pretzel saying he deserved a second chance but no one else does.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Not sure how indignant we can get as fans - Michael Vick was a Pittsburgh Steeler. Hard to not get into a hypocrisy pretzel saying he deserved a second chance but no one else does.
    And boy was that an exercise in poor judgement. Not only was Vick useless at that time, the team was roasted - or even boycotted - by many fans for bringing him in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, if we had signed Hunt , it wouldn’t have been a bad move to me. But that’s neither here or there now. Browns will have a devestating one , two punch late in the season when Hunt is active.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kareem Hunt suspended eight games

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2019, 10:08 AM EDT

Browns running back Kareem Hunt will be suspended for the first half of the 2019 NFL season.

Hunt has been suspended eight games after video emerged showing a violent incident with a woman.

The Chiefs immediately released Hunt after the video came out, and the team said Hunt had lied to them about the nature of the incident. Despite the video of him shoving and kicking the woman, Hunt was never arrested and is not facing criminal charges.

The NFL said the suspension is both for that incident, and for a separate incident in June. Hunt is not appealing the suspension. He will be permitted to participate in the Browns’ offseason program.

The Browns signed Hunt, a Cleveland native, this offseason. On the field, he’ll be an important part of an offense that suddenly looks like it could have the best collection of skill position playmakers in football. Off the field, Hunt has a long way to go to repair his image.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/15/kareem-hunt-suspended-eight-games/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I was reading that. That's about what we thought. But I think he can get it reduced if he does the right things along the way. He'll probably ask to try and get it down to 6 games. He says he won't appeal but we'll see.

He's going to give them fresh legs down the stretch. That's for sure.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yeah, I was reading that. That's about what we thought. But I think he can get it reduced if he does the right things along the way. He'll probably ask to try and get it down to 6 games. He says he won't appeal but we'll see.

He's going to give them fresh legs down the stretch. That's for sure.
    I bet you're right.

I think it will be kind of like Ben's suspension that way.

Hoping that it takes a while for their team to gel with so many new players. And that the Browns keep finding ways to be the Browns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully some domestic abuse groups get involved and he's out for the year....
    Ray Rice was banned from the NFL for a similiar incident.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tyreek Hill was never suspended by the NFL. Joe Mixon was never suspended by the NFL.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tyreek Hill was never suspended by the NFL. Joe Mixon was never suspended by the NFL.
    Neither were NFL employees at the time, unlike Ray Rice...not that it should matter, but the NFL uses weird logic
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Dont believe there was video of Hills incident
    Mixon wasnt an NFL player at the time of his incident(not down playing it)
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.