Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kareem Hunt

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I'm not that impressed with Duke. But he's looking like the odd man out once Hunt completes his 6 game suspension.

He is good at what he is a 3rd down back who can run between the tackles, and most important depth.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I was thinking this before hearing he got signed. I wonder if the Browns had a chat with the Commish before inking him?
    Even if he is suspended they don't pay him and the contract begins one year later, or whenever the suspension ends. Much the same way that the Steelers did not have to account for Bryant during his suspension and an extra year was added before he could hit free agency.

Legend

User Info Menu

That’s looking ahead by the browns. Nothing wrong in that.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

so the Browns signed a new kicker, huh?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I was thinking Duke all the while hearing about this...

a 3rd is too too high to give up thoough
    A day 3 draft pick, not a 3rd round draft pick. I was thinking perhaps one of our two 6th round picks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    A day 3 draft pick, not a 3rd round draft pick. I was thinking perhaps one of our two 6th round picks.
    That sounds quite a bit more realistic

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    AHHH, I need glasses!

After thinking about it, they are not going to get rid of Duke....

Hunt is going to suspended up to 10 games and without pay. This is a future move for 2020-21 to keep his rights.

Too bad his first name wasn't Mike, " Mike Hunt goes deep"...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I guess we can scratch Bell signing with them...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t think Hunt is going to do more then 6 games. Why? Well hes going to do all the community service stuff plus he’s missed a number of games all ready. He’ll show remorse and the second chance people are already starting his campaign.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

For years, the Bengals tried to build a team with talented, low character guys. The Joe Mixon's and Burfict's of the world. It never worked for them. I actually see this as a step in the wrong direction for the Browns. It may have a short term payoff, but ultimately, I don't think this helps them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    For years, the Bengals tried to build a team with talented, low character guys. The Joe Mixon's and Burfict's of the world. It never worked for them. I actually see this as a step in the wrong direction for the Browns. It may have a short term payoff, but ultimately, I don't think this helps them.
    I agree but losers like the Bumgals and Browns view the world differently. They are so desperate for success they will sell their souls to get one or two years of success...and their fans will support them 100%