Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens new GM has been drinking on the job..

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens new GM has been drinking on the job..

Because he thinks Lamar Jackson is a free agent magnet. LOL

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-gm-says-lamar-jackson-will-draw-free-agents-to-baltimore-players-respect-talent/

Ask Michael Crabtree how happy he was when Jackson took over.

I can't see it; Is there something I'm missing?
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Just watch some game tape of Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson from last season then tell me which young guy looks like the “next big thing.”

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lamar Jackson is garbage. He's a good athlete but has terrible accuracy. Force him to throw the ball and it should be an easy win.

It won't be an easy win for Tomlin even though a janitor should know how to take out the garbage.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lamar Jackson is garbage and should never, ever be mentioned in the same sentence as the great Mahomes. Jackson can’t read defenses.
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hairball has went all in with him. I don't think he'll survive more than two years of his new extension.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Ravens make a play for Bell like rumors are saying, Jackson only needs to dump off short passes to Bell or run when he is covered.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If the Ravens make a play for Bell like rumors are saying, Jackson only needs to dump off short passes to Bell or run when he is covered.
    Jackson wont last long in this league if he keeps absorbing some of the hits he takes.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Le'Veon Bell is having fun with the possibility of joining the Pittsburgh Steelers' chief rival, the Baltimore Ravens, in free agency. On social media, Bell used a thinking emoji in response to an NFL Network segment discussing the possibility and posted a screenshot of Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson following him on Instagram. Bell is hoping to be a free agent so he can entertain 31 NFL teams this way.

2d

Future pairing? Le'Veon Bell, Lamar Jackson connect on social media

Feb 8, 2019

Jamison Hensley
    ESPN Staff Writer

Could television speculation turn into free-agency reality for two AFC North rivals?

On Friday morning, the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport commented on how the pairing of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson "makes sense."

Bell saw a tweet about a potential backfield match with Jackson and replied with a "thinking face" emoji.

��
    ó Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) February 8, 2019
    Later Friday, Bell noticed that Jackson began following him on Instagram and responded with "It is a NEW ERA," playing off Jackson's Twitter handle "lj_era8."

The Ravens are looking to add more explosive playmakers around Jackson, and Baltimore will have more salary-cap room going from Joe Flacco's expensive deal to Jackson's cheaper rookie contract. Bell would certainly provide a boost in the passing game and can turn a short Jackson pass into a big play, which is something that Baltimore lacked even after the trade for Ty Montgomery. Plus, there would be the bonus of having a motivated Bell, especially the two times he were to face his former team.

Bell tweeted out Friday afternoon: "itís just a great feeling when youíre appreciated...isnít it?"

it's just a great feeling when you're appreciated...isn't it? ��
    ó Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) February 8, 2019

But new Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta recently said he wants to be "financially responsible" with the cap. Signing Bell to a lucrative deal wouldn't adhere to DeCosta's philosophy. Bell's ultra-patient running style also isn't a great fit for run-option plays, which will likely remain a big part of this season's offense. Other questions with Bell range from his durability to how well he'll play after sitting out an entire season.

Baltimore should be in the market to upgrade at running back. The Ravens have made the best without high-profile talent in the backfield, going with Justin Forsett, Terrance West, Alex Collins and Gus Edwards as their top rushers since parting ways with Ray Rice in 2014.

It's possible that Baltimore could look to the draft for a running back. But new offensive coordinator Greg Roman has worked primarily with veteran runners such as Frank Gore and LeSean McCoy.

Given the social media interaction Friday, it appears there is a mutual interest between Bell and Jackson. As for the Ravens' front office, that remains to be seen.

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/48692/future-pairing-leveon-bell-lamar-jackson-connect-on-social-media
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Backup

User Info Menu

Lmao...God I hope he goes there...He averages 7 ypr and, his slow, wait, hesitate running style..
    Is the opposite of what a option type offense like this needs...PLEASE go there!
    Last edited by Disco1981; 02-12-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Bell ends up in Oakland. I think they'll offer him more and he's definitely going to the highest bidder. Bell is just trying to drum up business for himself; trying to make a bidding war for himself.

Too many RB available in the draft and free agency. He'll get a 10mil a year deal at the most from someone; but that's about it.