Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media calls for Steelers to part ways with Antonio Brown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    There comes a point of diminishing returns so if your getting nothing offered or to low an offer just keep him. Keep him for the time being.
    I hear you but what if he's such a distraction on the team that it bothers team performance? Like that last game against the Bengals when players said after the game that the Brown incident hindered their performance?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    There comes a point of diminishing returns so if your getting nothing offered or to low an offer just keep him. Keep him for the time being.
    Agree. Keep in mind there will be injuries that could change the picture for a team, maybe some incentive for a trade down the road.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Agree. Keep in mind there will be injuries that could change the picture for a team, maybe some incentive for a trade down the road.
    I hear you, but doesn't it also depend on the effect of Brown on the team BEFORE that injury on another team happens?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers will get a second rounder for him. And honestly, at this point I just want the locker room cleaned up, Bell and Brown gone. I also want to find a replacement for Ben, and I'm fairly sure he isn't on the roster. And then I would ask every man in that room who else wants to see the door because this is Pittsburgh and nothing about any of those three screams Steeler to me.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ben just needs to stop the BS about calling out his players on his stupid weekly radio show. That's poor leadership. Man up and talk to your guys face-to-face instead of throwing them under the bus on your radio show.

What he is doing is a flat out d!ck move. It can't be defended.

He needs to worry about himself making dumb decisions and contributing greatly to our horrific turnover differential.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    But Brown had reported incidents prior to that game that included chewing out former defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau in 2012.
    Ummmmm, what?
    Believe In Now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    Ummmmm, what?
    Yep, per Ryan Clark.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Ben just needs to stop the BS about calling out his players on his stupid weekly radio show. That's poor leadership. Man up and talk to your guys face-to-face instead of throwing them under the bus on your radio show.

What he is doing is a flat out d!ck move. It can't be defended.

He needs to worry about himself making dumb decisions and contributing greatly to our horrific turnover differential.
    This. It's AB's fault that he blew up, but Ben should cancel his radio show if he's interested in winning again because it was probably a contributing factor.

Call guys out in practice behind closed doors.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    Ummmmm, what?
    It was reported that Brown had an incident......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I hear you but what if he's such a distraction on the team that it bothers team performance? Like that last game against the Bengals when players said after the game that the Brown incident hindered their performance?
    Well you're right in that it could get so bad he becomes the" M-16 with the grenade launcher" but until that happens IF the return value sucks you hold your cards. Shawn mentioned a 2nd rounder. I would take it in a second n move on.