Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DRAFT: Gary Jennings, Anyone?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DRAFT: Gary Jennings, Anyone?

Low level attention given to this guy, but he was $MONEY$ at WVU. Seemed like every time he touched the ball it was for a crucial 3rd down pickup or TD. He's big bodied, has great work ethic and his stock soared after the Senior Bowl. If we could land him in the 2nd, he'd be Ju Ju/ Ward 2.0.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

TOUCHDOWN West Virginia!

Guy compete with Sills V and the speedster Simms and still was a standout. He's MONEY

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Had a big game against Va Tech. I'll try n look at a bunch of tape n see what I like or don't like. One thing that jumped out is he's a hands catcher unlike McLaurin of OSU who body catches everything and who one of my most respected buds not on this board likes a lot. Let me do some homework on this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn't know much about him. A quick trip around the internet and he's listed as anywhere between 6'0" 5/8 and a full 6'2". I know a lot changes with the combine but what I saw listed was rounds 3 to 6.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm a wvu fan. Jennings would be solid for us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Low level attention given to this guy, but he was $MONEY$ at WVU. Seemed like every time he touched the ball it was for a crucial 3rd down pickup or TD. He's big bodied, has great work ethic and his stock soared after the Senior Bowl. If we could land him in the 2nd, he'd be Ju Ju/ Ward 2.0.

I don't know anything about college prospects. But, this sounds like the same reports we had on Washington.

Do you think we'd go after a similar type of WR than we already have (maybe in JuJu too), or do you think we'll look for a Mike Wallace type who can come in and run a bunch of go routes to take the top off the coverage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hes not like Washington... not taking away anything from Washington by saying that

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    hes not like Washington... not taking away anything from Washington by saying that
    Like I said, I don't know anything about college players

But big bodied guy who has great hands sounds like Washington.

Granted I assumed big bodied guy also meant not great 40 time (like Washington and Juju)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Not like Washington how? Not being smart, truly don't know...Bigger/ Smaller/ Faster/ Slower/ shiftier, less shifty...Quicker, Better hands/ worse...I really don't know

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't know anything about college prospects. But, this sounds like the same reports we had on Washington.

Do you think we'd go after a similar type of WR than we already have (maybe in JuJu too), or do you think we'll look for a Mike Wallace type who can come in and run a bunch of go routes to take the top off the coverage.
    Good question, one that is going to have so many answers....

When you think of AB's game, who resembles him more, JuJu or Wallace. ( if we are looking to replace AB, if can say that who can "replace AB")

Are we going to play a more conservative O, pounding the ball, dink and dunk and keep the chains moving offense.

JuJu played well when he had to play deep and is only going to get better, he is still so young. He even suggested that he needs to get better.

Washington showed flashes he can go deep, but diving and postioninging himself to catch the ball is another story...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."