5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Gronk is on social media, so is Brady, so is Stephon Gilmore, I'm sure most Patriot players are on social media. Players have to be on social media they have brands and social media helps with recognition, in the end it's a business.
    But having a social media presence and using it to build and maintain your brand is different than using it to demand trades, mock the team you didn't show up to play for, and posting pictures of yourself in another teams uniform. Being on social media is different than being on it and making yourself a distraction.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Exactly..but you hear poster in here get after me about how much he controls those little things. Which shows you that a lot of people still don't get it.
    I theorize that a lot of this is due to the fact that most NFL teams base things on hubris and not X's & O's. Notice how all the talk has been this year "We need to emulate the Rams model and get a young, brilliant, genius, that can relate to a millennial mindset."

Kingsbury's Cards bio read "...and he is friends with Sean McVay."

Well look who just got schooled by a Jedi Master.

BB has been doing this for eons now...even as a D coordinator. People seem to forget the Giants NFC championship game against a 49er team that went 14-2 was at home. BB had schemes that the 49ers had not seen before with exotic schemes of 1 - 2 DL and a variety of LB/DB combos that completely confused Joe Montana. Excluding the sole big play 61 yard TD to John Taylor - HOF QB Joe Montana was averaging 5.16 YPA (25 attempts for 129 yards).

Even with the 61 yarder included it only 7.3 YPA

We get all caught up on the cheating, but lets face it...he is a master of taking away a teams strength and exploiting it's weaknesses.

And perhaps his greatest asset, his teams buy into the ability to be dynamic in scheme changes on the fly...they put their ego's aside in order to succeed.

"Tom we are going to implement a game plan that will see us run the ball 65% of the time and pass 35% of the time. There will be mostly underneath routes and check downs to our running backs."

"Sure thing coach."

Can you imagine that discussion happening between Tomlin and Ben?

I am not trying to trash Ben or Tomlin here. This is just to point out that the Pats run a system. Most teams run on stars and an identity on both side of the ball.

That is why of the last 18 Superbowls - they have been in 50% of them.

It will be hard to ever see this happening again in my lifetime.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, he's a cheater too but he's also the greatest coach. Nine Super Bowls with 6 victories you can't argue with. There is no logical, factual basis now to say he's not the greatest coach in NFL history.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    But having a social media presence and using it to build and maintain your brand is different than using it to demand trades, mock the team you didn't show up to play for, and posting pictures of yourself in another teams uniform. Being on social media is different than being on it and making yourself a distraction.
    Forget it Mick; some of these guys will never get it. They don't want to get it. They need to believe that everything we do is right and that just bad luck is the reason we have declined steadily the last three years.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Compared to Bill Belichick...

Vince Lombardi sucks.
    Bill Walsh sucks.
    Don Shula sucks.
    Tom Landry sucks.
    Stop...............

Legend

User Info Menu

People continue to assume its Belichick's coaching that has led to their success.
    I say it has more to do with Brady. His consistency from game to game is without peer. Everyone has witnessed the Bad Ben - Good Ben throughout his career.

How many times have you seen Bad Brady on the field? I think I can count on one hand for his entire career.
    They talked about what Brady did after the win over KC. He was studying the Rams tapes on the plane ride home!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Stop...............
    You just said: "There is no logical, factual basis now to say he's not the greatest coach in NFL history" literally ONE MINUTE AGO (look up two posts).

I'm just saying that the when the comparison point is Belichick, who was been to the Super Bowl 9 times in the last 18 seasons, every other legendary NFL coach of all time is going to appear small by comparison.

Our current head coach has spent his entire coaching career in the midst of this dominant reign by the winningest coach of all time, so that is the inevitable comparison point that no coach in NFL history can possibly live up to.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You just said: "There is no logical, factual basis now to say he's not the greatest coach in NFL history" literally ONE MINUTE AGO (look up two posts).

I'm just saying that the when the comparison point is Belichick, who was been to the Super Bowl 9 times in the last 18 seasons, every other legendary NFL coach of all time is going to appear small by comparison.

Our current head coach has spent his entire coaching career in the midst of this dominant reign by the winningest coach of all time, so that is the inevitable comparison point that no coach in NFL history can possibly live up to.
    I already know where you were going.

Yet, it's not the Patriots who've knocked us out. They knocked Tomlin out of the playoffs once!!!! All the others teams have knocked us out. I won't even bring up BB dominance in the regular season of Tomlin; Sticking soley to the playoffs, it has not been the Patriots who've knocked us out for the last 8 years.

Remember, the Patriots had a gap of 10 years where they didn't win any Super Bowls. Please stop trying to justify Tomlin's sorry playoff record the last 8 years by by using the Patriots as an excuse. Go use that on someone who isn't old enough to know.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Cheats D managed to somehow shut down the some of the BEST offenses in the entire NFL over the playoff stint. It was literally like they knew every play that was coming. I think that Drew Brees would've definitely been able to adapt and hang more than 3 points last night.....but that's just my honest, average opinion.

-Joos