Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking out against Tomlin's Leadership: First Bettis, Now Hines

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Speaking out against Tomlin's Leadership: First Bettis, Now Hines

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-le...001256827.html

Yet another critical analysis from an all time great. Perhaps its time for some of our membership to give these guys' opinions some merit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

some additional food for thought... perhaps these guys speaking out gives James Harrison and others some legitimacy also...

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't listen to these ex disgruntled players...
    Don't they know Tomlin never had a losing season?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    We still need ex and current white players to bash Tomlin before I can agree with his alleged lack of leadership.
    That would be racist then
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    That would be racist then
    a very bizarre statement indeed lol

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    We still need ex and current white players to bash Tomlin before I can agree with his alleged lack of leadership.
    I don't understand?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ward makes some valid points. He's also a little bit hypocritical as he brought drama to the team himself. Remember the shirt, "Can't sell dope forever"? His words that, "The Steelers don't value wideouts"? Why didn't he keep those things to himself and speak to his management as "a grown man"?

I really think that Ben intended to motivate with his call-outs on his radio show. He's just an awkward guy from a leadership standpoint. I think he wants to lead but is just not good at doing it with words. One day he's saying publicly that AB should run a route flatter. The next, he goes out of his way to apologize to AB in a locker room interview. If he's learned anything from his troubles over the years, I think Ben should err on the side of saying nothing in the media.

Backup

User Info Menu

Hines Ward I can understand, but how many years did Bettis actually play for and was in the locker room with Tomlin. I did not hear what he said only saw he said something, but I believe the BUS had come to his last stop by then.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Ward makes some valid points. He's also a little bit hypocritical as he brought drama to the team himself. Remember the shirt, "Can't sell dope forever"? His words that, "The Steelers don't value wideouts"? Why didn't he keep those things to himself and speak to his management as "a grown man"?

I really think that Ben intended to motivate with his call-outs on his radio show. He's just an awkward guy from a leadership standpoint. I think he wants to lead but is just not good at doing it with words. One day he's saying publicly that AB should run a route flatter. The next, he goes out of his way to apologize to AB in a locker room interview. If he's learned anything from his troubles over the years, I think Ben should err on the side of saying nothing in the media.
    I'd agree with this. Ben just isn't a very good leader. I've read multiple reports from Steelers fans over the years that suggest Ben is just an a$$hole as a person. I honestly don't think he can help it. Some people are just like that... and I'd imagine 9 digit wealth would make that exponentially worse.

Any player who tells the coaching staff to "Get that guy out of here" referring to his HOF receiver AB after supposedly running the wrong route in practice.... is a sorry excuse for a leader.... especially knowing that AB is "Mentally unstable" to say the least.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    Hines Ward I can understand, but how many years did Bettis actually play for and was in the locker room with Tomlin. I did not hear what he said only saw he said something, but I believe the BUS had come to his last stop by then.
    The BUS's opinion is very well respected...and a well informed one at that. I would bet that he is still very well connected with the organization...and knows what's going on in the locker room.