Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 118

Thread: Speaking out against Tomlin's Leadership: First Bettis, Now Hines

  1. #101
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ruth, as I stated in the other thread, you look to bicker and argue all the time now. I'm not going to participate in that. If you want to have factual , intellectual dialog, we can do that. But I'm not debating stupid stuff with you anymore. You argue for the sake of arguing now over things like, " The sky isn't blue; it's pink" " Grass isn't green; it's orange" ...silly arguments just to argue. You can do that by yourself. I don't wish to engage anymore. Your angry..you need to keep that to yourself.
    You claim to want to have factual, intellectual dialog. What about my post above is not factual or is intellectually disingenuous?

    You are the one who states YOUR OPINION that Rooney is all of the sudden now giving Tomlin the opportunity to finally make wholesale changes to his coaching staff in a last ditch effort to save his job.

    I countered that with THE FACT that Tomlin's coaching changes last offseason (coming off a 13-3 campaign) were exactly the same as they were this season (bringing in 3 brand new assistant coaches from outside the team and making 1 major promotion for a coach who has been here a while).

    You may BELIEVE that Rooney is now altering the length of Tomlin's leash following a 9-6-1 non-playoff season, but THE FACT remains that the same exact amount of assistant coach turnover happened the previous season after a 13-3 year.

    What about this is a pink sky or orange grass argument? How is attempting to engage in a fact based dialogue rather than just spouting the same repetitive opinions make me appear to be the angry one with silly arguments in this debate?
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

    1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

    or

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

  2. #102
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You claim to want to have factual, intellectual dialog. What about my post above is not factual or is intellectually disingenuous?

    You are the one who states YOUR OPINION that Rooney is all of the sudden now giving Tomlin the opportunity to finally make wholesale changes to his coaching staff in a last ditch effort to save his job.

    I countered that with THE FACT that Tomlin's coaching changes last offseason (coming off a 13-3 campaign) were exactly the same as they were this season (bringing in 3 brand new assistant coaches from outside the team and making 1 major promotion for a coach who has been here a while).

    You may BELIEVE that Rooney is now altering the length of Tomlin's leash following a 9-6-1 non-playoff season, but THE FACT remains that the same exact amount of assistant coach turnover happened the previous season after a 13-3 year.

    What about this is a pink sky or orange grass argument? How is attempting to engage in a fact based dialogue rather than just spouting the same repetitive opinions make me appear to be the angry one with silly arguments in this debate?
    Again, ..the factual part that I was commenting on is how the Patriots finished the year that Brady was injured. Period. Again, I submitted that in Green Bay and in Baltimore , those management teams did the same things for McCarthy and for Harbaugh..giving them opportunities to right the ship and save their jobs. McCarthy didn't and Harbaugh did. I'm not going to keep restating stuff just because you want to argue. I gave my examples, if you don't want to acknowledge them then that's fine. But stop saying I haven't given factual examples when I have several times before.

    You go over the same thing over and over again; I guess looking for a different answer. The examples I gave of Harbaugh and McCarthy are also FACT!!

    Most of what I say is always based on FACT!!! Like your "FACT" that Conner would only be a backup runningback and never amount to anything.

    Now Conner is a Pro Bowler.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 02-08-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  3. #103
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Again, ..the factual part that I was commenting on is how the Patriots finished the year that Brady was injured. Period.
    This isn't the thread talking about what might happen if Marvin Lewis coached Tom Brady in some parallel universe.

    This is the thread about the Steelers making the same number of assistant coaching changes this year as last year.

    Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

    1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

    or

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

  4. #104
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This isn't the thread talking about what might happen if Marvin Lewis coached Tom Brady in some parallel universe.

    This is the thread about the Steelers making the same number of assistant coaching changes this year as last year.

    Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period.
    Yet, you follow like a love sick school girl through all the threads, asking me the same things; I've already answered that. Not going to answer it anymore. Period.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 02-08-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  5. #105
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I've already answered that. Not going to answer it anymore. Period.
    You give your opinion on a football topic.

    I provide some relevant facts which add to the debate.

    That's how a discussion typically works.

    Instead of continuing to engage in the factual, intellectual dialogue that you say you crave, you say accuse me of bickering and arguing and stating that you don't wish to engage anymore.

    Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

    1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

    or

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

  6. #106
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You give your opinion on a football topic.

    I provide some relevant facts which add to the debate.

    That's how a discussion typically works.

    Instead of continuing to engage in the factual, intellectual dialogue that you say you crave, you say accuse me of bickering and arguing and stating that you don't wish to engage anymore.

    Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period. Period.
    You need some alone time Ruth; You've shown that you just can't get over being called out on your, "Conner is nothing but a back up" statement and you want to fight.

    So I'm going to give you the alone time you need. I don't want the owner of the website getting mad at me. I'll put you on ignore until you can find yourself again.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  7. #107
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yet, you follow like a love sick school girl through all the threads, asking me the same things; I've already answered that. Not going to answer it anymore. Period.
    You edited your post above to add the Harbaugh and McCarthy stuff after the fact. And I'm not sure how assistant coaching hires in Green Bay and Baltimore make a difference here. Ever team in the NFL makes changes to their coaching staff every year. That's what I'm saying. Rooney is not suddenly allowing Tomlin to make coaching staff changes now as evidence that is on the hot seat like McCarthy or Harbaugh. Rooney allowed Tomlin to make the same number of coaching staff changes the last year as well.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

    1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

    or

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

  8. #108
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    You've shown that you just can't get over being called out on your, "Conner is nothing but a back up" statement and you want to fight.
    I never said that, but again, you hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe.

    Guess you don't want to hear me anymore. That's fine. Put me on ignore. Just like you claim to be ignoring Oviedo but still somehow seem to be responding to every one of his posts.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

    1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

    or

    1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

  9. #109
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Today, 08:47 AM
    RuthlessBurgher
    Legend

    This message is hidden because RuthlessBurgher is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

  10. #110
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't think that ANY Rooney would like what's going on lately:

    -Blunt acts a fool to get kicked off the team
    -Harrison acts a fool to get released and go to the cheaters
    -Coach leaves it to the players to fumble up the anthem issue a year ago
    -LB makes his salary demands so public that his own teammates talk about it to the media
    -AB starts acting like a selfish moron in attempt to be traded
    -AB and Harrison openly mock Tomlin
    -Ben botches his leadership efforts on the radio
    -Former players are coming out of the woodwork talking about the issues
    -Respected current team members are publicly calling the team Kardashians
    -Every news outlet imaginable is labeling the team a circus

    As many have said, winning masks a lot of that. This past season, the lack of wins was an embarrassment, given the talent on the team.

    Hell, the Browns were probably less of a drama-filled circus than us this past year.

    I hope that behind doors, there have been a lot of heated discussions, demanding that Tomlin do something different to bring some respect back to the team.
    The media is generating a lot of words regarding players words and it creates the buzz they are looking for.
    Focus on actions, especially from ownership. I am not seeing anything dramatic in their actions. This leads me to believe they are not nearly as bound up about the current state of things compared to the fans.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •