Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking out against Tomlin's Leadership: First Bettis, Now Hines

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm not sure if he's an a$$hole or just socially awkward, which can look like being an a$$hole. I feel like the guy wants to do and say the right things. He's just terrible at it.
    Ben is an Azzhole! Period point blank. I met him and about 5 others one night at a club and he was the only arrogant prick out of the group.
    It was Willie Parker, Mendenhall, Trai Exense, Ben and Max Starks. It was about TEN others there who I didn't get to meet.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-le...001256827.html

Yet another critical analysis from an all time great. Perhaps its time for some of our membership to give these guys' opinions some merit.
    Did I miss something? Or did you? Hines is talking about Ben more than he's talking about Tomlin!
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 02-05-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Spot on assessment by Rooney. No change.
    Rooney call Tomlin one of the best coaches in the league- He was right.
    He said regarding this season "nobody gets absolved....everybody knows we need to do better, including Mike."- Still correct.

There are mostly two extremes here:

1. Tomlin was NEVER any good.
    2. Other factors are most responsible for our downturn THIS season and were beyond Tomlins control.

The truth is Mikes history reveals a "good" coach.
    This was his worst season as a coach, and he bears LARGE responsibility for the downturn.

His history is why his leash is long......but a repeat of last season will rightly put his job in jeopardy.

I STILL think he is a good coach. I have no doubt Tomlin knows what he needs to do.

He just might not be able to do it here.
    Quick question... You said in the beginning of the post that Rooney correctly labeled Tomlin as one of the best coaches in the league. Towards the end you say that Tomlin knows what he needs to do... but added that "He just might not be able to do it here". If he's "One of the best coaches in the league", why would that be the case? Is there something else going on in the organization that would prevent him from "Doing what he needs to do"? If that's not the case (and he clearly has the authority to make the "Changes needed" to move this team forward), I would clearly question the idea of Tomlin being "One of the best coaches of the league"...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Did I miss something? Or did you? Hines is talking about Ben more than he's talking about Tomlin!
    Never miss an opportunity to put a black mark on Tomlin even if you have to distort the facts a bit

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Fire Lebeau!!!
    We did, just two years too late. The problem is we promoted someone who didn't step far enough away from what he was doing.

Legend

User Info Menu

He said regarding this season "nobody gets absolved....everybody knows we need to do better, including Mike."- Still correct.

2. Other factors are most responsible for our downturn THIS season and were beyond Tomlins control.

This was his worst season as a coach, and he bears LARGE responsibility for the downturn.

His history is why his leash is long......but a repeat of last season will rightly put his job in jeopardy.

I STILL think he is a good coach. I have no doubt Tomlin knows what he needs to do.

Totally agree with all this, except for the last line. I think he will be able to do what needs to get done

Legend

User Info Menu

There are not two extremes because Crash has been kicked out. Crash was the one saying Tomlin was no good at all. I have never said he's no good at all.

Just extreme talk from you. And it's sad because your usually better then that. As I've stated a couple of times (maybe I need to state it again) Tomlin is a grade C in my book.

Im not going to go on and on in endless Tomlin stuff..my debate begins and ends with what I say about him in my signature.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are you thinking about the same person? Crash was always a staunch Ben supporter no matter what, and he thought that Todd Haley was no good at all, but I don't recall him being an extreme anti-Tomlin guy by any means.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Are you thinking about the same person? Crash was always a staunch Ben supporter no matter what, and he thought that Todd Haley was no good at all, but I don't recall him being an extreme anti-Tomlin guy by any means.
    Was it not Crash who didn't like Tomlin because of his race? If not Crash then I'm referring to the guy who didn't like Tomlin because of him being black. Regardless, I don't see any extremes around here regarding Tomlin. My reasons have been stated previously. I"m not going to say them again.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with Captain here.

That last point is TBD and the reason why Rooney hasn't renewed Tomlin's contract.
    My opinion,... he has the capability to right what ail's the Steelers. But not certain he can do it in the time frame that is expected. There are still big moving parts on this team.