Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking out against Tomlin's Leadership: First Bettis, Now Hines

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and I know (and understand) the hate for James Harrison... but his opinions on Tomlin and the current situation are very similar to what Bettis, Hines, etc are saying. He would certainly be one to have 1st hand knowledge when speaking on the matter.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The BUS's opinion is very well respected...and a well informed one at that. I would bet that he is still very well connected with the organization...and knows what's going on in the locker room.
    I agree it is a respected opinion, good guy, great leader. But, he is still hearing it from another persons perspective, he is not living it. Hearing is getting it with the persons spoken to opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    I agree it is a respected opinion, good guy, great leader. But, he is still hearing it from another persons perspective, he is not living it. Hearing is getting it with the persons spoken to opinion.
    Bettis isn't the kind of guy who's basing his opinion from 2nd hand info he got off of the street. I'm betting he's getting it from inside the locker room. Same with Hines.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've read multiple reports from Steelers fans over the years that suggest Ben is just an a$$hole as a person. I honestly don't think he can help it. Some people are just like that... and I'd imagine 9 digit wealth would make that exponentially worse.
    I'm not sure if he's an a$$hole or just socially awkward, which can look like being an a$$hole. I feel like the guy wants to do and say the right things. He's just terrible at it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm not sure if he's an a$$hole or just socially awkward, which can look like being an a$$hole. I feel like the guy wants to do and say the right things. He's just terrible at it.
    very possible....

Legend

User Info Menu

some additional food for thought... perhaps these guys speaking out gives James Harrison and others some legitimacy also...
    It does ; weather the TTL wants to admit it or not. The snowball is rolling down the hill and getting bigger and bigger against Tomlin. Tomlin will have to right the ship this coming season.
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bettis isn't the kind of guy who's basing his opinion from 2nd hand info he got off of the street. I'm betting he's getting it from inside the locker room. Same with Hines.
    They are getting it from the inside. I saw a story yesterday that said how embarrassed Hines is now to talk about the Steelers. I feel his pain.
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only reason any of this is news is because of AB. AB doesn't do what he did, the Steelers are working on next season.
    I listened to the Bettis interview on Clay Travis' show. His comments were no where near the negative spin some are trying to make it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I get the Tomlin hate. But Ward, Harrison have almost as big a ego as AB. Bettis I did not think so after how his last few seasons went. I figured he was humble. Maybe not.
    I am sure every on here likes there boss or how they run things?
    Ex Boss yea ok.
    Harrison is using this drama to help his life after football and was very disgruntled both times he left. But there is some truth in there somewhere with what Harrison has said on Tomlin. But I also am sure he did not mind any perks he received while a dominant player. It was after he became disgruntled. I think there is truth in there but not as bad as all this sounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

For another former player's view on Tomlin, here is what current Tampa Bay O.C. and former Steelers QB Byron Leftwich said to Peter King in a recent interview:

Give me another coach who has been influential to you, and tell me what you’ve learned from him.

“Mike Tomlin. [Leftwich had two late-career stints backing up Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh.] That’s easy for me. He is a unique guy, a great leader of men. My time in Pittsburgh was great and so valuable. I learned so much from coach Tomlin about how to handle the entire team. But mostly, what makes him so good is that he is a leader of men. That’s something that’s hard to explain, but you know it when you see it.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope