Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keith Butler will take over as Steelers' outside linebackers coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If our OLBs are playing as DEs 80% of the time, wouldn’t we be better off drafting some real 4-3 DEs?
    You would think right?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Remember, Butler coached our LB's since 2003, so he helped develop guys like 3rd round pick Joey Porter, 5th round pick Clark Haggans, 2nd round pick LaMarr Woodley, and UDFA James Harrison into better OLB's than one might have otherwise expected them to become.
    Thanks for putting a positive spin on it Ruth but right now, Butler is persona non grada to most of the Steeler nation. But I hope it turns out like your trying to say. But first we gotta get him something to work with other then T.J. Watt.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Thanks for putting a positive spin on it Ruth but right now, Butler is persona non grada to most of the Steeler nation. But I hope it turns out like your trying to say. But first we gotta get him something to work with other then T.J. Watt.
    Strongly agree with the highlighted part.

Legend

User Info Menu

Butler doesnít care what you think

By Dale Lolley
    Posted on August 1, 2019

LATROBE, Pa. -- The two most roundly criticized men in Pittsburgh are probably Bob Nutting and Keith Butler.

Nutting, the owner of the Pirates, obviously doesn't care much about that. He's made that obvious by his spending habits with the team.

Butler? Well, the Steelers defensive coordinator/outside linebackers coach doesn't care all that much about the outside noise, either.

He's more concerned about doing his job and the things necessary to win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh.

"Iím 63 years old. If they fire me, so what? Iíll go play golf."

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...e-critics-fdl/