Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New England Patriots vs. Los Angeles Rams..who wins?

Legend

User Info Menu

New England Patriots vs. Los Angeles Rams..who wins?

Okay fellas, it's Monday, January 28,2019 and this Sunday is the game. Make your call. I'm asking you to tell me who you think wins from your head....NOT YOUR HEART!! We all know who we WANT to win the game.

But based on your football insight and knowledge and experience, tell me who you think is going to win.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think based on past experience, the new team vs. the experienced team takes a minute to shake off the bright lights. I see the Patriots taking advantage of that and racing out to at least a 10-0 lead.

If the Patriots manage to take the entire run game away and have to force Geoff to carry the entire offense, the Rams are done. I see the game pretty much going the way the Patriots did Kansas City but Geoff isn't Mahommes. Therefore I see..

Patriots 27
    Rams 16
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

pats win unless the fix is in......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of using history to predict the future.

1. The Patriots have never been in a Superbowl that didn't come down to the wire....all 3 or 4 PT games.
    2. The worst kind of pressure Brady can face is up the middle. Donald and Suh?

The key question is how the Rams offense performs vs the Pats D.
    Is Todd Gurley gonna get 20 touches or will he be mysteriously standing on the sideline the entire 3rd Q?
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    pats win unless the fix is in......
    More like the Pats will win BECAUSE the fix is in. Like Smythe said, the Pats' Super Bowls are always close at the end ... but who always gets the "breaks" in critical moments of those close games? Brady and Co. do. Odds are it will happen again. Riveron is ready by the phone, and you can be sure the officiating crew has been well-schooled in what they are to do.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-28-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'm a big fan of using history to predict the future.

1. The Patriots have never been in a Superbowl that didn't come down to the wire....all 3 or 4 PT games.
    2. The worst kind of pressure Brady can face is up the middle. Donald and Suh?

The key question is how the Rams offense performs vs the Pats D.
    Is Todd Gurley gonna get 20 touches or will he be mysteriously standing on the sideline the entire 3rd Q?
    The pressure up the middle thing is overrated now about Brady. Why? Because remember, that worked on him when Brady was more of a vertical threat. Now, he 3 step drops more then ever; So no pass rush gets to him. Then, after he 3 step drops you to death, the pass rushers stop coming as hard because they feel their not going to get there anyway....then he 5 & 7 step drops on you. How do you think he didn't get sacked at all against the Chiefs? He frustrated those guys to the point that they didn't think they could get there anymore.

What the Giants did to Brady was old Brady; new , declining Brady is happy to 3 step drop you to death. And...the Rams linebackers ain't great so covering White out in the flat? White should get a lot of work this Sunday. Maybe another 15 catch game. At least that's how I see it. But turnovers could change all that. LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    More like the Pats will win BECAUSE the fix is in. Like Smythe said, the Pats' Super Bowls are always close at the end ... but who always gets the "breaks" in critical moments of those close games? Brady and Co. do. Odds are it will happen again. Riveron is ready by the phone, and you can be sure the officiating crew has been well-schooled in what they are to do.
    Hahahahhahaahhahaha..they are one of Goodall's favorite teams. That's always in their favor.

Legend

User Info Menu

It is certainly odd that we are either going to have the oldest Super Bowl winning head coach (Bill Belichick is now older than the current record holder Tom Coughlin) or we are going to have the youngest Super Bowl winning head coach (Sean McVey is now younger than the current record holder Mike Tomlin).

How young is McVey? In college, he was a WR at Miami of Ohio, Ben Roethlisberger's alma mater. Ben declared for the draft following his junior season in 2003. McVey arrived there as a freshman in 2004. McVey would have caught passes from Roethlisberger if Ben stayed for his senior year. McVey did play a couple of MAC conference games against NE WR Julian Edelman, who was a QB at Kent State from 2006-2008.
    Plan A: Trade up to early 1st for ILB Devin White or TE T.J. Hockenson

Plan B:
    1.20 CB Byron Murphy, Washington 5-11 189
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia 6-2 251
    3.66 WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame 6-4 220
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 6-0 210
    4.122 ILB David Long, West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama 6-4 308
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring, San Diego State 6-5 252
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack, Texas A&M 6-1 336
    6.207 RB Bryce Love, Stanford 5-9 200
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300

Legend

User Info Menu

This is not a game I'd bet on. Too much funny business going on. The league has a love fest for Kronke; they love the way he came in and paid for the new Stadium with his own money..no tax payers money because the state of California refuses to pay for any NFL stadiums.

Jerry Jones buying yacht to match Kroenke's yacht; Kroenke putting in the NFL's west coast office and studio in a wing of his new stadium too. Just a lot of ball washing back and forth between Jerry Jones (unofficial league commissioner) and Kroenke.

Jerry trying to keep up with Kroenke (financially) is a no win situation for him. He can't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    a lot of ball washing back and forth
    Dude...you really should try to think of another way of describing situations like this, because it seems like no matter what the scenario is, your go-to metaphor always seems to involve dudes washing each other's testicles. It's really odd when thread after thread after thread about football somehow seems to devolve into mutual scrotal cleansing sessions for men.
    Plan A: Trade up to early 1st for ILB Devin White or TE T.J. Hockenson

Plan B:
    1.20 CB Byron Murphy, Washington 5-11 189
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia 6-2 251
    3.66 WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame 6-4 220
    3.83 S Amani Hooker, Iowa 6-0 210
    4.122 ILB David Long, West Virginia 5-11 227
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama 6-4 308
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring, San Diego State 6-5 252
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack, Texas A&M 6-1 336
    6.207 RB Bryce Love, Stanford 5-9 200
    7.219 DE Armon Watts, Arkansas 6-5 300