Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Conner never felt 'pressure' replacing RB Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am loving the class of 2017~!!!!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I am loving the class of 2017~!!!!
    absolutely. Kudos to Colbert and Tomlin for a job well done.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    absolutely. Kudos to Colbert and Tomlin for a job well done.
    I agree. We need to hit like that again in the next draft.
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still think the Steelers created the LB and AB monsters they became, but not because of loose coaching style. It was because the Steelers (Roethlisberger, Tomlin, Arians, Fichtner) made the decision to make LB and AB such a huge focus of the offense. NE rarely has players accounting for more than about 10-15% of the offense. This has the effect of reducing the reliance on a few guys, but also improves 'teamness' by involving others. There will always be the temptation to play the 'money' guys, but game plans need to become more balanced player-wise. The big question is whether the Steelers can be as successful with that formula.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I still think the Steelers created the LB and AB monsters they became, but not because of loose coaching style. It was because the Steelers (Roethlisberger, Tomlin, Arians, Fichtner) made the decision to make LB and AB such a huge focus of the offense. NE rarely has players accounting for more than about 10-15% of the offense. This has the effect of reducing the reliance on a few guys, but also improves 'teamness' by involving others. There will always be the temptation to play the 'money' guys, but game plans need to become more balanced player-wise. The big question is whether the Steelers can be as successful with that formula.
    Interesting example Tiproast shared of Brady being told to stop throwing to Deon Branch so much in practice just as they were building great chemistry. As a result Brady never became overdependent on him.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Im not buying it. Yes, Roethlisberger's forces the ball to Brown and that has caused a lot of turnovers but outside of that, I'm not so sure. This team has had a discipline problem.

It falls on Tomlin's shoulders. I equally blame the Rooneys for letting this fire burn outta control for so long.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by NorthCoast; 02-03-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Im not buying it. Yes, Roethlisberger's forces the ball to Brown and that has caused a lot of turnovers but outside of that, I'm not so sure. This team has had a discipline problem.

It falls on Tomlin's shoulders. I equally blame the Rooneys for letting this fire burn outta control for so long.
    Boom..........
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.