Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Harrison start the mudslide?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did Harrison start the mudslide?

After reflecting on Harrison current state and attitude towards Tomlin and the Steelers. I think Harrison's reports are pretty accurate and honest on how things were being run. Was he the first sign of the players to cause the mudslide club house culture that Tomlin and the current front office created?

Add in Porter, with Harrison's behavior last year (2017). Is this what caused the friction of the D vs O, since the 3 Bs were killing it, playing at a high level and leading the team. Was this what Harrison was referring to as some players being treated special. And causing the friction.

We were just winning so no one really cared, yet there was noise on how the front office was creating monsters.

Hopefully Rooney, Tomlin, Colbert woke up.. maybe a little too late...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    After reflecting on Harrison current state and attitude towards Tomlin and the Steelers. I think Harrison's reports are pretty accurate and honest on how things were being run. Was he the first sign of the players to cause the mudslide club house culture that Tomlin and the current front office created?

Add in Porter, with Harrison's behavior last year (2017). Is this what caused the friction of the D vs O, since the 3 Bs were killing it, playing at a high level and leading the team. Was this what Harrison was referring to as some players being treated special. And causing the friction.

We were just winning so no one really cared, yet there was noise on how the front office was creating monsters.

Hopefully Rooney, Tomlin, Colbert woke up.. maybe a little too late...
    I'm not sure that Harrison complaining that he didn't get playing time contributed to Bell wanting to test the UFA market.

Maybe he showed AB that complaining was a good way to leave the team if that's what you wanted.

I think you're right that winning makes everything better and losing makes everything worse.

Legend

User Info Menu

i hope like hell AB comes out with his tell all story....................

Legend

User Info Menu

Whats he going to say?
    Tomlin was mean to me and i'm the greatest of all time?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Starter

User Info Menu

I personally think the LeGarrette Blount fiasco was the initial start of the decent. I mean he becomes a problem in season, they cut him, only to be picked up by the eventual super bowl winner (Pats).

Basically, his bad behavior was rewarded by going to a super bowl contender/champion.

Sound familiar?

I know this sound vindictive and I know you want to maximize value for a player of LB's/AB's talents, but I almost want the Steelers to Kaizer Soze these SOB's. I mean send them to the worst possible place they can go. Even if it means getting less value.

That would mean transitioning LB just so you can send him to the worst run offense in the NFL. And trading AB to the worst passing QB in the NFL.

That would be sending a message to the potential locker room cancers, we don't deal with f'ing Diva's. You f us we will find the worst place to send you, even if it means getting less for it.

brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Rookie season of Big Ben started this bad culture. Tomlin and FO coddled the stars. Bad evaluations of the players personality. The culture was fine with the old Cowher players. When they left it started going down hill.
    Mike Wallace was the same type as Bell. Worried all about money not champions. AB seemed to be the hard working under dog. Became a rich spoiled immature diva. I agree Blount really started the issues, Harrison inforced the bad behavior from a should be vet leader. All of Ben's drama from "injuries" and radio show to coordinator issues. Also should be a vet leader. Then Bells me first greed not being a team guy and championship first guy. Rap culture for him.
    Who did I miss? Should have let Wallace and AB walk together. Kept Sanders.
    Can't throw away Ben I don't think. But with Ben's personality the team needed better personalitys around him. And that is not easy to pull off.
    Elite players are great but not always great for the team!
    Easy to see with these players there was no dynasty with Ben. He needs that elite defense just like Bradshaw to be a dynasty QB.
    To many issues to create a real dynasty in the Ben area. Cowher retired and the defense became old and stale in scheme. Ben had to many off field issues to be a dynasty QB. To many me players to crate a dynasty team. Tomlin not good enough to be a dynasty HC. A couple Super Bowls sure. But asking for more is a stretch.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 01-19-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    The Rookie season of Big Ben started this bad culture. Tomlin and FO coddled the stars.
    To be fair...

Ben's first 3 seasons were under Bill Cowher. So if it did start with his rookie season this could be a continuation of a culture that preceded Mike Tomlin. That is not to say that Mike Tomlin has not exacerbated the situation, if your statement is accurate. ( Note: I am not disputing your thesis, I have no idea what the cause is...just clarifying for historical accuracy.)

brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe the problem really started with Chuck Noll. If he hadn't transformed this team into a winner, they'd still be a bunch of losing schmucks and nobody today would expect anything better.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Organizations can't win without talented players. All organizations take risks on talented players even though those players have questionable characters, histories, made past mistakes, ect. Players that act up from time to time is a league wide problem. Player issues are not something new to the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I canít believe that now posters want to blame Cowher now. This is some of the most hilarious bullshlt Iíve ever heard. We are 12 years in with Tomlin; this circus is 100 percent all him.
    From the 2010-2018 season, Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the post season; not the regular season.