Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Big Ben the leader.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Do you believe we didn't have the talent to win more and make the playoffs this past season Ruthless?
    Sure. This was indeed an odd year.

In 2017, when we had a reliable kicker, we tended to win close games.
    In 2018, when we had a remarkably unreliable kicker, those close wins suddenly became close losses.

In a parity-driven league, teams with a negative turnover ratio tend to end up on the losing side of games.
    And since our defense has been historically poor at generating takeaways, and our offensive giveaways tend to come in bunches, we are bound to lose a few games in this manner.

And although I hate to blame officiating for our issues, you have to admit that we had the games against quality opponents like the Chargers and Saints all but sewn up until referees came in and made some of the most blatantly obvious blown calls.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Please, North. Just stop...

Once you've made your mind up about something, why bother even acknowledging any opposing viewpoints anymore?

You can just completely silence them with the ignore function. Whee!

For example, staunch conservatives listen only to Fox or Breitbart, pretending that any opposing viewpoint from CNN, NBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post are "fake news."
    Huh?? I hear opposing viewpoints all the time. What I don't do is have to keep repeating the same points over and over again. Ruth, the only reason I put you on ignore is that you were just in "attack" mode. When you get like that, then I have to give you a minute to get back to being Ruth again.

You don't have to agree with me; that's okay. I thought in poster rooms, it is always about hearing different view points. But when people want to get personal, I have to put them on ignore until they get back to themselves.

Now...if we got a person who is just attacking posters all the time, then that's a situation where I'd have to leave them on ignore.

** I listen to all the news. Fox, Cnn, British, all of them.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

You seem to be sensitive to others questioning your posts, often perceiving it as a personal attack.

In this thread, SteelCrazy posted something that I questioned, and he answered my question and added a question of his own back to me, which I then answered in my subsequent response. I wasn't attacking SteelCrazy with any of these questions, and I don't perceive that he was attacking me back with his subsequent questions either. I won't put him on ignore, and I doubt that he'll put me on ignore either. It's just a discussion, not an attack.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ruth, can i ask you a question?
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

You seem to be sensitive to others questioning your posts, often perceiving it as a personal attack.

In this thread, SteelCrazy posted something that I questioned, and he answered my question and added a question of his own back to me, which I then answered in my subsequent response. I wasn't attacking SteelCrazy with any of these questions, and I don't perceive that he was attacking me back with his subsequent questions either. I won't put him on ignore, and I doubt that he'll put me on ignore either. It's just a discussion, not an attack.
    noted.......
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 02-15-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wasn't aware of any ignore list war. I've not been frequenting here as much as the local watering hole.

The Saints call against Haden made me so angry I wanted to eat glass. However, there wasn't a good reason to put hands (1 hand) on the RB and slightly push off in his mid back area. Details in coaching help with that stuff. Belichick uses 16oz boxing gloves on all CBs during practice, just as an example of his details.

The problem with Tomlin is, who ya goin to get? IDK, but the BB good years are almost up. With all the drama, BB may be finished after 19. Who knows? Although BB causes a fair amount of the drama.

If I had the answers to the Steelers woes I wouldn't be on message board giving it away...lol
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure. This was indeed an odd year.

In 2017, when we had a reliable kicker, we tended to win close games.
    In 2018, when we had a remarkably unreliable kicker, those close wins suddenly became close losses.

In a parity-driven league, teams with a negative turnover ratio tend to end up on the losing side of games.
    And since our defense has been historically poor at generating takeaways, and our offensive giveaways tend to come in bunches, we are bound to lose a few games in this manner.

And although I hate to blame officiating for our issues, you have to admit that we had the games against quality opponents like the Chargers and Saints all but sewn up until referees came in and made some of the most blatantly obvious blown calls.
    I think you are on the mark. If Boswell just didn't do a Steve Blass impersonation we are the #2 seed in the AFC even with the refs and turnover issues.

I think someone needs to investigate whether Boswell's locker is in the same geographic vicinity of where Blass' was at Three Rivers. Maybe there is a magnetic field issue????