Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Rice says AB wants to go to 49ers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Take it with a grain of salt but the NFL Network reported this weekend that the Steelers would be looking for a “second rounder plus”.

I’d take Patrick Peterson and a 2nd from Arizona.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Thank you. The second overall pick would be very interesting. Given how strong this draft is for the defensive line you would have to seriously consider an elite, once in a decade type DL pick and potentially go to 4-3.
    . If we draft that high and we pick a DLman, I would lose my mind. Dwayne Haskins Jr.-QB tOSU. Yes I’m a homer but I’ve never supported us drafting an OSU Qb. Haskins is the real deal. Pocket Qb but has ability to scramble. Effortless arm strength and crazy accuracy. Good decision maker. Strong leader. The guy is going to have a very successful NFL career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    . If we draft that high and we pick a DLman, I would lose my mind. Dwayne Haskins Jr.-QB tOSU. Yes I’m a homer but I’ve never supported us drafting an OSU Qb. Haskins is the real deal. Pocket Qb but has ability to scramble. Effortless arm strength and crazy accuracy. Good decision maker. Strong leader. The guy is going to have a very successful NFL career.
    This. We won't get the 2nd pick in the draft.

But if we did, we should (1) trade Ben for what we can get, (2) draft a QB at 2, and (3) use other assets to draft defensive talent. Then, our window is open for the next 15-20 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like where your trying to go northern....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes please. The accuracy is what surprised me. And to think I was worried that the Buckeye offense would struggle without Barrett. 50 TD passes later, I’m a believer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB might get us the 2nd overall pick in the 2nd round.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

What if we send AB & the 20th overall pick to SF for WR Dante Pettis and the #2 overall pick? Would SF make that trade?

Legend

User Info Menu

I do not believe the Steelers will allow AB to dictate any of this. He has zero real control if he wishes to play football again. The Steelers are in control. They say where he goes. What will he do? Not play? AB will end up in Arizona. We will get a high second for him and wash our hands of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    What if we send AB & the 20th overall pick to SF for WR Dante Pettis and the #2 overall pick? Would SF make that trade?
    I would do it without Pettis.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just heard Jerry Rice on NFL Network..
    He said "AB is the complete team player"
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.