Legend

User Info Menu

damn.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Broncos Hire Mike Munchak To Be New OL Coach

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on January 14, 2019

Some news you definitely didn’t want to hear today. The Denver Broncos have reportedly hired Mike Munchak to be their new offensive line coach, according to this report from Mike Klis.

Denver had been attempting to hire Munchak even after deciding to name Vic Fangio their new head coach last week. Munchak has family in the Denver area, one of the driving reasons behind his interest in the head coaching job and now, making a lateral move as the offensive line coach.

He was hired by the team in 2014 and is widely considered one of the best offensive line coaches in football. He helped transform a Steelers’ line that struggled for nearly all of Ben Roethlisberger’s career, turning it into a unit that has kept #7 upright and inarguably extended his playing career.

While the Steelers may not announce a move for days, Shaun Sarrett is the in-house favorite to be the new OL coach. The two have worked closely ever since Munch was hired. Had Munchak not been fired by Tennessee, it was very possible Sarrett would’ve replaced Jack Bicknell Jr. in 2014.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/re...-new-ol-coach/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not great. Hopefully, the tallent we have in that position group can hold up until the end of Ben's career (or until whatever replacement we get is up the learning curve)

Can't fault a guy for moving closer to family

Legend

User Info Menu

Only coach on the staff who is clearly top tier at his respective position... and he just left the building.

Legend

User Info Menu

On the bright side, Shaun Sarrett has been with the team for the last 7 years, working hands-on with Munchak during his time here. Here's hoping the young Padawan soaked up all that he could from the Jedi Master during that time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    On the bright side, Shaun Sarrett has been with the team for the last 7 years, working hands-on with Munchak during his time here. Here's hoping the young Padawan soaked up all that he could from the Jedi Master during that time.
    Let's hope so....it worked so well with Butler and Lebeau.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    hahahahahhahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yep.

This is also the reason that I wouldn't have wanted Munchak as HC, even though he's been awesome at OL coach.

It's a tough loss, but hopefully we can weather it. OL is one of the few position groups I hope not to worry much about this off season (along with QB and DL).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Long time ago...
    In a galaxy far far away...

can he play center?

I was thinking the same that we still have the young Padawan...

Ruthless, your a SW geek ! I never knew that about you!
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."