Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Munchak is gone....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    The guy that broke the story on Twitter Mike Klis is a reporter for Denver. One of the first replies to the announcement is from their new head coach Vic Fangio and it states “ When I spoke with Mike, he went on for 2 hours about how Ben did this and that and how Tomlin did nothing.” I tried to copy and paste butnit wouldn’t let me. If true, that’s ridiculous
    The tweet was from @FAUXvicfangio

https://twitter.com/FauxVicFangio/st...549315072?s=19
    Last edited by JAR; 01-14-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Don't blame Munchak one bit for ditchin' this dumpster fire.

Next year will be worse.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Don't blame Munchak one bit for ditchin' this dumpster fire.

Next year will be worse.
    Lol, Denver has no owner, no QB and an ego problem in the front office.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Losing Munchak hurts more than the loss of Bell and AB combined, IMO.

When Tomlin said there were going to be changes to the coaching staff, I had envisioned some improvement, but after losing Munch and Saxon, I'd have to say it's change for the worse.
    I would also agree with this and add that it is an embarrassing reflection on the team as well. Only one of Munchak's daughters live in Denver. I would think that would make for an attractive bonus to take a job in Denver but not necessarily be the reason to pack up and move there. I think the other daughter is in LA, but he's leaving the rest of his PA family...and the men he has shared a sideline with for the past 5 seasons for a place he has never lived and to coach for a guy he's never worked with.

Maybe that spin just supports a narrative we are trying to weave, but I think it's pretty telling.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

spinning this as "he just left to be closer to family" is incredibly naive

Legend

User Info Menu

Vic Fangio is from Dunmore, PA and Mike Munchak is from Scranton, PA. Those two towns border each other, and they are only 2 years apart. Two guys who are essentially the same age and from the same basic hometown and have both coached in the NFL for decades...they know each other.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Let's hope so....it worked so well with Butler and Lebeau.
    Yep.

This is also the reason that I wouldn't have wanted Munchak as HC, even though he's been awesome at OL coach.

It's a tough loss, but hopefully we can weather it. OL is one of the few position groups I hope not to worry much about this off season (along with QB and DL).

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Lol, Denver has no owner, no QB and an ego problem in the front office.
    Pick yer poison.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On the plus side they still employee the worst special teams coach in the league...(heads to kitchen to look for some Drano to drink...)
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-14-2019 at 07:35 PM.