Thread: Munchak Might Go to the Donks Anyway

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Munchak Might Go to the Donks Anyway

As an assistant.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-pittsburgh/

If we can come up with the money to hire a washed up Bengals ex-coach, we ought to be able to sweeten the pot for Munch to try to keep him with the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it was a bit premature for some of our folks on here to declare Munch "Back for 2019" when he didn't get the Denver HC job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    As an assistant.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-pittsburgh/

If we can come up with the money to hire a washed up Bengals ex-coach, we ought to be able to sweeten the pot for Munch to try to keep him with the Steelers.
    You would think...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Munch is not under contract with the Steelers for next season so we can't block him if he wants to go. All we can do is hope that his hope and loyalty to the Steelers is greater than his desire to be close to family.

Legend

User Info Menu

Since it’s Saturday , and we haven’t heard anything definitive yet, I’m hoping Colbert has counter offered him something to stay in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All we can do is wait...but waiting kind of sucks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hate to lose him but there are plenty of good OL coaches out there. I’d rather keep Munch though. I’m thinking he’s gone if he wants to be closer to his daughter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Munch is not under contract with the Steelers for next season so we can't block him if he wants to go. All we can do is hope that his hope and loyalty to the Steelers is greater than his desire to be close to family.
    wow... I wouldn't ask that of anybody... but that's basically what it comes down to

Legend

User Info Menu

STEELERS NEWS Broncos Still Pushing Hard For Munchak, Steelers Pushing Hard To Keep Him

Will Graves of the Associated Press also weighed in, saying that he once asked Maurkice Pouncey how Munchak handles his negotiations with the team. “He just writes a number down, slides it over the table and they nod”, he joked.